Memorial Hermann's Advanced Practice Nurse plays an important role in improving the inpatient treatment experience. With a master's-level degree in clinical oncology and national certification in the field, the Advanced Practice Nurse helps cancer patients admitted to Memorial Hermann hospitals in many ways, including:
- Patient care, including chemotherapy, to help ensure that a patient's treatment plan is clear to nurses
- Serving as a resource for nurses and doctors, including the evaluation of specific care delivery needs
- Implements consistent chemotherapy policies and procedures for nurses across the hospital system
- Educates patients on cancer treatments and symptom management
- Provides nurses with continuing oncology education, including chemotherapy certification classes
- Promotes new program development and improvement opportunities, including integration of the latest techniques
The Advanced Practice Nurse in oncology, unavailable at many other institutions, is another important reason to choose Memorial Hermann for cancer treatment.