Congratulations! Your hard work and dedication has paid off! This is an exciting time as you take the first step in your professional nursing career, and Memorial Hermann supports you in this journey by offering your first chance at being a great nurse!
We agree that a healthy support system is the key to achieving success in a clinical curriculum, which is why our Nurse Residency Program follows a cohort-focused model where you are able to grow and develop your nursing skills in a supportive setting. There's still a lot to learn after nursing school and we know that finding a job and gaining hands-on experience can be overwhelming, so our program is structured to help you develop in three critical areas: leadership, quality outcomes and professional role.
Through the Nurse Residency Program, Memorial Hermann is investing in the future of the healthcare industry, the profession of nursing and in your professional future by providing a strong foundation on which to start your career. The objective of our program is to enable you to develop from an advanced beginner into an exceptional nurse.
- Is designed to provide new graduate nurses a comprehensive transition-to-practice program that is supported by the UHC/AACN Nurse Residency Program™ curriculum and by ongoing Memorial Hermann Clinical Development programs.
- Is a 12 month program that provides an evidence based curriculum to support the new nurse to a competent level of practice.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Ideal candidates will have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completion of nursing degree (ADN or BSN) from an accredited program.
- Current Texas RN license or temporary permit
- BLS Certification
How to Apply
For your application to be considered for the Nurse Residency Program, you must complete an application via the Memorial Hermann careers website. Please follow these steps:
Step 1: Complete an online employment application. Positions will be posted for each Memorial Hermann location on the Search Careers page.
- Select “Search Career Opportunities”
- Select Category Under Clinical: Nursing.
- Scroll down to “Hospitals”, and then select: All
- Submit one application only -- each applicant will be considered for all Memorial Hermann locations and you will have the opportunity to specify the location/s you prefer.
Step 2: Attach a current copy of your resume.
Step 3: Attach two letters of recommendation from professional resources. If you are unable to attach your letters, you can provide them in a sealed envelope at the time of interview. (Addressed to: Nurse Residency Program)
Step 4: Complete the Behavioral Assessment prior to interview. You will receive a separate email from email@example.com that will include a link to this Behavioral Assessment that must be completed as soon as possible. Please click the link and login with the provided username and password.
Campuses will offer residency interviews in the spring and fall each year. Once you've applied, a recruiter will contact you with specific dates, locations and instructions for interview days.
Q - Can I apply for the Nurse Residency Program at multiple Memorial Hermann locations?
A - Yes, however one application submission is all that is required. Each application will be considered for all Memorial Hermann locations and you will have the ability to indicate which locations you prefer during the application process.
Q - When will Memorial Hermann begin accepting applications for the Nurse Residency Program?
A - Announcements about when each Program will begin will go out on Memorial Hermann's Facebook page (Memorial Hermann Careers) every spring and fall.
Q - How many positions are available in the Nurse Residency Program?
A - The number of positions varies by specialty and by campus. Once you apply, recruiters can provide additional details specific to the campus you're interested in.
Q - When will I be notified if I've been selected?
A - A recruiter will contact you with further instructions and details for Match Day.
Q - What are the requirements for this program?
A - Completion of nursing degree (ADN or BSN) from an accredited program, current Texas RN license or temporary permit and BLS certification.
Q - Is the Nurse Residency Program available in all nursing specialties?
A - The Nurse Residency Program is available in many specialties including ICU, Trauma, Emergency, Mother/Baby and many more.
Q - What is expected of me throughout the Nurse Residency Program?
A - We ask that you:
- Commit to attending and actively participating in the monthly nurse residency classes for the duration of the 1-year program.
- Complete an evidence-based project of your choosing on your own or with a team.
- Attend the Nurse Residency Graduation Celebration at the end of the 1-year program.
- Commit to two years of employment with Memorial Hermann.