Nurse Residency Program
Congratulations! Your hard work and dedication has paid off! This is an exciting time as you take the first step in your professional nursing career, and Memorial Hermann supports you in this journey by offering you the opportunity to become a Memorial Hermann
We agree that a healthy support system is the key to achieving success in a clinical curriculum, which is why our Nurse Residency Program follows a cohort-focused model where you are able to grow and develop your nursing skills in a supportive setting. There's still a lot to learn after nursing school and we know that finding a job and gaining hands-on experience can be overwhelming. Our program is structured to help you develop in three critical areas: leadership, quality outcomes and professional role.
Through the Nurse Residency Program, Memorial Hermann is investing in the future of the healthcare industry, the profession of nursing and in your professional future by providing a strong foundation on which to start your career. The objective of our program is to enable you to develop from an advanced beginner into a competent, professional nurse.
The program is:
- Designed to provide new graduate nurses a comprehensive transition-to-practice program that is supported by the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™ curriculum and by ongoing Memorial Hermann Clinical Development programs.
- A 12 month program that provides an evidence based curriculum to support the new nurse to a competent level of practice.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Ideal candidates will have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completion of nursing degree (ADN or BSN) from an accredited program.
- Current Texas RN license
- BLS Certification
- Applications for the next Nurse Residency Cohort are being accepted September 15 through October 1, 2016.
- Those selected after the application period will be invited to Match Day/s at the locations selected in the application. Details about Match Day/s will be delivered to applicants by recruiters after the application period is closed.
- Start date for this cohort is early February 2017.
How to Apply
For your application to be considered for the System Nurse Residency Program, you must complete an application via the Memorial Hermann careers website. Please follow these steps:
Step 1: Complete an online employment application. One position is posted for all locations and specialties - only apply to this position. Submit one application only -- each applicant will be considered for all Memorial Hermann locations.
Step 2: Attach a current copy of your resume. You may provide a transcript and letters of recommendation later, once contacted by a recruiter about Match Day.
Step 3: If you qualify for the System Nurse Residency Match Day interview, you will receive a separate email from email@example.com that will include a link to the Behavioral Assessment that must be completed as soon as possible. Please click the link and login with the provided username and password.
Memorial Hermann will offer Nurse Residency Match Day interviews two times per year
to give new
graduates an opportunity to apply for Memorial Hermann's System Nurse Residency
Program. Once you've applied, a recruiter will contact you with specific dates,
locations and instructions.
Q - Can I apply for the Nurse Residency Program at multiple Memorial Hermann locations?
A - Yes, however one application submission is all that is required. Each application will be considered for all Memorial Hermann locations and you will have the ability to indicate which locations you prefer during the application process.
Q - When will Memorial Hermann begin accepting applications for the Nurse Residency Program?
A - Announcements about when each Program will begin will go out on Memorial Hermann's Facebook page (Memorial Hermann Careers) in February and September.
Q - How many positions are available in the Nurse Residency Program?
A - The number of positions varies by specialty and by campus. Once you apply, recruiters can provide additional details specific to the campus you're interested in.
Q - When will I be notified if I've been selected?
A - A recruiter will contact you with further instructions and details for your specified Match Day interview after the application period closes.
Q - What are the requirements for this program?
A - Completion of nursing degree (ADN or BSN) from an accredited program, current Texas RN license or temporary permit and BLS certification.
Q - Is the Nurse Residency Program available in all nursing specialties?
A - The Nurse Residency Program is available in many specialties including ICU, Trauma, Emergency, Perinatal, Perioperative, Acute Care, and many more.
Q - What is expected of me throughout the Nurse Residency Program?
A - We ask that you:
- Successfully complete the NCLEX prior to the first day of employment.
- Sign a Tuition Reimbursement Agreement and commit to two
years of employment with Memorial Hermann when you accept employment in
the System Nurse Residency Program.
- Commit to attend and actively participate in the monthly nurse residency classes for the duration of the 1-year program.
- Complete all of the specialty core curriculum classes per specialty.
- Complete an evidence-based project of your choice on your own or with a team.
- Attend the Nurse Residency Graduation celebration at the end of the 1-year program.