Begin your career learning next-generation skills from some of the best
practitioners in healthcare. At Memorial Hermann we are dedicated to the
highest standards of nursing care.
Our nursing internships vary by specialty, but generally are conducted over
a 12- to 24-week period. Interns are hired twice a year, in January and June.
If selected, you will be a full-time salaried employee with a generous
benefits package. All internships require you to commit to completing an 18-month
work period at the designated host facility.
We have many convenient locations, from our world-renowned Texas Medical
Center campus to our
highly technical suburban acute care facilities.
- Nurses graduating from an accredited program: ADN or BSN program
- Ideal candidates will have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Experienced nurses who wish to change specialties
- Completion of nursing degree (ADN or BSN)
- Current Texas RN license or temporary permit
- BLS Certification
How to Apply
For your application to be considered for an RN intern position, please
follow the steps below and submit your application by November 15th, for the January Internship/Residency, and by April 15th, for the June
Application Process for Graduate Nurses, RNs with less than six months working experience and experienced RNs:
Step 1: Complete an online employment application
Please Note: If you are a current Memorial Hermann employee, you will need to submit an internal transfer form.
The position will be posted by October
15th, or March 15th
depending on the internship start date. Under “Careers,”
- Select Search Careers Opportunities.
- Select Category Under Clinical: Nursing.
- Go Down to Select Additional
Locations and Services: Select the facility(s) where you are interested in
completing your internship/residency.
Step 2: Complete Hartman Profile
Step 3: Attach a current copy of your resume.
Step 4: Attach two letters of recommendations from professional resources. If you are unable to attach your letters, you can provide them in a sealed envelope at the time of interview. (Addressed to: Nursing Internship Program)
Campuses will offer
intern interviews between November 16 – December 10th, and April 1st
and May 10th. If you are selected for an interview, a Memorial
Hermann recruiter will contact you no later than December 8th, and March
* All offers will be contingent upon the following:
(1) Current Official School Transcript (New Grad only required at the time of interview). Ideal candidate will have GPA of 3.0 or higher to qualify for the internship program (New Grad only).
(2) Proof of licensure, or temporary permit, will be required prior to the start of the internship program.
Thank you for your interest!