Begin your career learning next-generation skills from some of the best practitioners in healthcare. At Memorial Hermann we are dedicated to the highest standards of nursing care.
Our nursing internships vary by specialty, but generally are conducted over a 12- to 24-week period. Interns are hired twice a year, in January and June.
If selected, you will be a full-time salaried employee with a generous benefits package. All internships require you to commit to completing an 18-month work period at the designated host facility.
We have many convenient locations, from our world-renowned Texas Medical Center campus to our highly technical suburban acute care facilities.
- Nurses graduating from an accredited program: ADN or BSN program
- Ideal candidates will have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Experienced nurses who wish to change specialties
- Completion of nursing degree (ADN or BSN)
- Current Texas RN license or temporary permit
- BLS Certification
How to Apply
For your application to be considered for an RN intern position, please follow the steps below and submit your application by April 1, 2013.
Application Process for Graduate Nurses, RNs with less than six months working experience and experienced RNs:
Step 1: Complete an online employment application
Please Note: If you are a current Memorial Hermann employee, you will need to submit an internal transfer form.
The position will be posted by March 7, 2013. Under “Careers,”
- Select Search Careers Opportunities.
- Select Category Under Clinical: Nursing.
- Go Down to Select Additional Locations as each campus has an internship requisition posted.
- Select the location(s) you are interested in completing an internship.
Step 2: Complete Hartman Profile
Step 3: Attach a current copy of your resume.
Step 4: Attach two letters of recommendations from professional resources. If you are unable to attach your letters, you can provide them in a sealed envelope at the time of interview. (Addressed to: Nursing Internship Program)
Campuses will offer intern interviews starting end of March 2013.
* All offers will be contingent upon the following:
(1) Current Official School Transcript (New Grad only required at the time of interview). Ideal candidate will have GPA of 3.0 or higher to qualify for the internship program (New Grad only).
(2) Proof of licensure, or temporary permit, will be required prior to the start of the internship program.
Thank you for your interest!