Memorial Hermann Physical Therapy Residency Programs
Memorial Hermann offers three post-graduate residency programs to develop advance practitioners in the fields of orthopedic, sports and neurologic physical therapy. The programs afford residents unparalleled access to unique learning opportunities, board certified and fellowship trained clinicians, and a diverse patient population.
Our residency programs are 13-month programs that begin yearly in early August. We welcome applicants interested in changing their career trajectory through residency training.
Memorial Hermann’s Physical Therapy Residency Programs are dedicated to developing advance practitioners in the fields of orthopedic and sports physical therapy who will become innovators and leaders Texas and throughout the United States.
To be the preeminent health system for post-graduate physical therapist education, training, and research in order to advance the health of those we serve.
- Advanced Clinical Practice
- Teaching and Mentoring
- Clinical Research
- Leadership and Professional Responsibility
- Integrity and High Ethical Standards
- To support the mission, vision, and brand promise of Memorial Hermann
- To achieve and maintain residency credentialing through American Board of Physical Therapy Residency & Fellowship Education (ABPTRFE)
- To become a nationally recognized provider for post-graduate physical therapist education
- To graduate residents who demonstrate advanced skills in clinical practice, teaching and mentoring, research, and leadership.
- To prepare residents for board certification upon graduation from the program.
How to apply »
Residency curriculum »
Frequently asked questions »