Registered Nurse Fellowship Program
New Graduate Transition to Practice
The Memorial Hermann RN Fellowship Model is a six-month program that follows guidelines established by leading authorities supporting transition programs for newly graduated BSN Registered Nurses. This program is a non-employment model that offers the new graduate nurse an opportunity to participate in a unique clinical development program. As part of this fellowship, the novice RN will train with seasoned staff in a pre-determined specialty and will be able to take advantage of classroom instruction offered exclusively to RNs within Memorial Hermann.
A monthly stipend of $1,500 will be offered along with allowances for uniforms, meals and parking.
During the Fellowship, the RN will:
- Practice technical, clinical reasoning, interpersonal and professional skill sets achieved through basic baccalaureate education
- Refine skill sets in respective specialties to enhance work-readiness through immersion and mentorship
- Improve interdisciplinary communication skills
- Augment clinical knowledge in respective specialty field
- Transition from student to practice in a less stressful environment
- One- on-one mentoring for entire length of program
- Didactic and clinical training in specialty of choice
- Emphasis on clinical skills, electronic documentation, time management and communicating with physicians and other health professionals
- Opportunity to showcase talent and self-market to Memorial Hermann leadership or other potential employers
Click here to learn more about “Transition to Practice” and the Memorial Hermann Fellowship Model
For more information and how to apply for the RN Fellowship Program, please visit: memorialhermann.myreviewroom.com