Aortic Diseases Treated
Our affiliated physicians provide preoperative, operative, and critical care for all diseases of the aorta including:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Aortic root aneurysms
- Ascending aortic aneurysms
- Transverse aortic arch aneurysms
- Descending thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms
- Acute and chronic aortic dissections
- Atheromatous disease of the aorta
- Coarctation of the aorta
- Marfan syndrome
- Familial thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome
- Bicuspid aortic valve
Treatment of Aortic Aneurysms
Traditional surgery to repair aortic aneurysms is done in stages, requiring multiple procedures.
Thanks to innovative techniques developed by surgeons at the Heart & Vascular Institute-Texas Medical Center and University of Texas Health Science Center (UTHealth) Medical School, the repair can now be completed with minimally invasive surgical techniques, which means patients have lower morbidity rates, shorter recovery times and can usually resume normal activity a week after surgery.
No one in the world is more experienced in this life-saving technique than the team at Memorial Hermann.
These surgeries include: