Your health and safety are always our main priority. As healthcare processes change and our community begins to adapt to a new normal, we want to let you know about the additional safeguards we are taking at Memorial Hermann to make your visit to one of our facilities as safe as possible.
We have implemented a number of protective measures for the health and safety of our patients, workforce and community:
- All employees, clinicians and patients will be screened upon entering any Memorial Hermann facility and provided a surgical mask after clearing the screening process.
- Employees and clinicians caring for patients will be provided the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Infection prevention control best practices, including the thorough cleaning and sterilization efforts in between each and every patient visit as well as proper hand hygiene, will continue.
- The 'No visitor’ policy at all Memorial Hermann facilities to limit potential exposure (with limited exceptions) will remain in place.
- As an additional safeguard, patients will be tested for COVID-19 prior to surgeries.
In addition, we want to help make waiting for your appointment as safe as possible. We have implemented Safe Wait™, a new measure that enforces social distancing in our waiting areas. Safe Wait™ also includes staggering scheduled appointments and, when necessary, asking our patients to wait in their vehicles for their appointments. For more information about your appointment, please call your practice location.
During this time, one thing has become increasingly clear—health and wellness are gifts worth prioritizing. Memorial Hermann stands ready to be your partner in that pursuit.