Poyee Pansy Tung, M.D., offers inpatient and outpatient cardiovascular consultation at TIRR Memorial Hermann. She and her colleagues have been providing inpatient and outpatient cardiology consultative services at TIRR Memorial Hermann since 2007.
Dr. Tung received her medical degree from the University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine in 1995, and completed her internal medicine internship and residency training there in 1998. She subsequently completed a fellowship in cardiovascular disease at Scripps Clinic in La Jolla, California, and advanced training in echocardiography at the University of California at San Francisco Medical Center.
As a clinical assistant professor at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Medical School, she is involved with training and teaching of residents and fellows in cardiology. She is a member of the American College of Cardiology (ACC), the Society of Vascular Ultrasound (SVU) and the Society of Cardiovascular MRI (SCMR). Dr. Tung was honored with the “Outstanding Consultant Award” in 2008 at TIRR Memorial Hermann.
Services Provided by Dr. Tung and associates: Inpatient and outpatient cardiology consultative services:
- Perioperative cardiac management
- General cardiology care: arrhythmias, congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Venous disease: insertion/removal of IVC filter, thrombectomy
- Advanced wound care: hyperbaric medicine
- Venous duplex ultrasound for assessment of venous thrombosis and venous insufficiency
- Carotid duplex ultrasound
- Assessment of peripheral arterial disease: ankle-brachial index (ABI), peripheral arterial duplex
- 24-hour Holter monitor