Dr. Buckminster J. Farrow graduated magna cum laude from MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He completed his residency in surgery at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston (UTMB) where he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. He also was a postdoctoral research fellow in surgery and received his Master’s of Medical Science at UTMB.
Board certified in surgery, Dr. Farrow has practiced medicine in Houston, Katy and the surrounding areas since 2006. His clinical interests include hernia repair, minimally invasive abdominal surgery, gallbladder surgery, skin and soft tissue surgery and cancer surgery. He provides state-of-the-art compassionate care to patients 14 years and older.
Dr. Farrow believes in being an advocate for his patients. He takes the time needed to listen to each patient to truly understand how he can best help them and recommends surgery only when it is the best option. His goal is to provide the very best care, so that his patients live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Honored as the 2012 Physician of the Year at Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital, Dr. Farrow was named one of the best general surgeons in 2014 by Houstonian magazine and the best general surgeon in 2015 by Living magazine. He is a member of the Texas Medical Association and the Harris County Medical Society.
A Houston resident, Dr. Farrow and his wife have three children. In his spare time, he enjoys cooking, sampling wines, reading and, most of all, spending time with his family.
By selecting an appointment time you will be transferred from the Memorial Hermann
website to our scheduling partner's website - Healthpost.com.
information about this site.
Accepted Medical Insurance Plans
- Aetna (Most Benefit Plans)
- Aetna Medicare
- Aetna QHP Memorial Hermann ACO Exchange
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Amerigroup Chip
- Amerigroup Star
- Amerigroup Star Plus
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Texas
- Blue Medicare Advantage PPO
- Cigna (Most Benefit Plans)
- Cigna Connect QHP Exchange
- Cigna Healthspring
- Community Health Choice
- Community Health Choice Chip
- Community Health Choice Marketplace Kelsey QHP
- Community Health Choice Marketplace QHP
- Community Health Choice Star
- Coventry Health Care - PPO Network
- First Health - PPO Network
- HMO Blue Texas
- Humana (Most Benefit Plans)
- Humana Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Gold Plus HMO
- Humana HMOx QHP Exchange
- Humanachoice PPO Medicare
- Independant Medical Systems
- Kelseycare Advantage
- Kelseycare ERS
- KelseyCare powered by Cigna*
- Medicaid Traditional
- Medicare Traditional
- Memorial Hermann Advantage HMO
- Memorial Hermann Advantage PPO
- Memorial Hermann Solutions
- Texan Plus/Value/Tribute
- Tricare Prime*
- United Healthcare (Most Benefit Plans)
- US Family Health Plan
*Plans not accepted by Memorial Hermann. See our list of accepted plans.
Always verify insurance coverage with your provider prior to receiving care.