The son of physicians, Dr. Wasserman received his bachelor's
degree from Yale University and his medical degree from Baylor College of
Medicine in Houston, where he also completed his residency in orthopedic
surgery. He did a fellowship in spine surgery at the Southern California
Orthopaedic Institute in Los Angeles. Dr. Wasserman is board certified in
In private practice since 2005, Dr. Wasserman treats
patients of all ages and is fluent in Spanish. His special interests involve
diagnosing and evaluating patients with lumbar and cervical spinal stenosis as
well as treating those with lower back pain and chronic and degenerative spinal
disorders. He takes the time to get to know his patients and understand their
concerns before recommending a treatment approach.
Dr. Wasserman is
married and the father of three. He enjoys spending time with his family and
plays amateur men's soccer in the Houston Soccer League.
Watch the video below for more information on Dr. Wasserman.
My lower back had hurt for as long as I could remember -
even as a child. Standing was very painful; sometimes almost impossible. With
every step it felt like I was being stabbed in the back and the pain radiated
down my leg to my knee, sometimes to my foot. It had gotten so bad I was staring
to hunch forward when I walked. I did everything I could to ease the pain. I
exercised regularly, saw a chiropractor regularly, did back decompression, and
even went to an acupuncturist. None of those things helped me.
back surgery completely changed my life.
I didn't know what it was like
to live without back pain and now I do.I can move freely - without pain. I can
run, stand, sit, exercise, bend, lift. I even played on a volleyball team and on
a basketball team 6 months after the surgery. And my husband will tell you I am
a much nicer wife and mother. I didn't realize how much the pain was ruling my
life until it was gone
Procedure: June 10, 2008
Procedure/Treatment: Lumbar Laminectomy
We are very thankful for your excellent care for Steve
since he went to see you with back pain. We appreciate your time and your
positive attitude all the time and your talent to perform such a precise surgery
He is feeling very good and he is very glad that he decided to
have this done now. He can already feel the improvement. Steve recommends you to
any of our friends or acquaintances who tell us they have back problems. He
knows he couldn't have a better doctor at his care than you. Thank you for
improving Steve's and our whole family's life.
We hope to continue seeing
you for "check ups" and we once more want to thank you for all you have done for
Steve and our family.
God Bless you,
Natalia and Victoria Cachia
"The results were beyond my
expectations. I felt better immediately following the procedure, and my husband
says I'm even better than I was before. The recovery time was very short, and I
only needed a few months of physical therapy as a follow-up."
Before my Spinal Fusion I
had severe pain down my left leg and my back pain left me totally incapacitated.
Dr. Wasserman explained the procedure so we all understood it. The surgery was a
success and all of the pain was gone from my leg. He has an excellent bedside
manner and I felt very confident that everything was done to take care of my
pain. We highly recommend him.
Harvey Stuessel Jr.
Spinal Fusion 1-13-2009
I was in a lot of pain and had
tingling down my left leg. I had surgery with Dr. Wasserman at the end of April
and I feel great!! I am getting ready to go play soccer again.
staff at RBJC was great! I was seen very quickly and everyone was so nice. Dr.
Wasserman and Josh, his PA have such great bedside manners and made it so easy
for me and took care of me right away!
Lateral access is a safe and reproducible means of addressing certain
spine disorders with an approach from the side of the patient, as opposed to an
approach from the back (posterior) or the front (anterior). A lateral (side)
approach is made safe with the use of nerve monitoring technology (NeuroVision®
from NuVasive,® Inc.).
By selecting an appointment time you will be transferred from the Memorial Hermann
website to our scheduling partner's website - Healthpost.com.
information about this site.
Accepted Medical Insurance Plans
- AARP Medicare Complete
- Aetna (Most Benefit Plans)
- Aetna Medicare
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AHI Healthlink
- Amerigroup Chip
- Amerigroup MMP Perinatal*
- Amerigroup Star
- Amerigroup Star Plus
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Texas
- Blue Exchange PPO
- Cigna (Most Benefit Plans)
- Coastal Comp Healthnetworks PPO*
- Coastal Comp Healthnetworks Work Comp
- Community Health Choice
- Community Health Choice Chip
- Community Health Choice Marketplace Kelsey QHP
- Community Health Choice Marketplace QHP
- Community Health Choice Star
- Corporate Remedies Worker's Comp*
- Corvel Worker's Comp*
- Coventry Health Care - PPO Network
- Coventry Medicare Advantra
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems - PPO Network*
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems - Worker's Comp*
- First Health - PPO Network
- First Health - Worker's Comp
- Galaxy Health Network
- Humana (Most Benefit Plans)
- Humana Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Gold Plus HMO
- Humana HMOx QHP Exchange
- Humanachoice PPO Medicare
- Independant Medical Systems
- Injury Management Organization Worker's Comp*
- Interplan Health Group (IHG)*
- Medicaid Traditional
- Medicare Traditional
- Medicus International - PPO Network
- Memorial Hermann Advantage HMO
- Memorial Hermann Advantage PPO
- Memorial Hermann Solutions
- OccuNet PPO - PPO Network
- Olympus (International) - PPO Network*
- Political Subdivision Workers Comp Alliance*
- Private Healthcare System
- Reny Company Worker's Comp
- Rockport - PPO Network*
- Superior CHIP/Perinatal*
- Superior Foster Care Program
- Texas True Choice - PPO Network*
- United Healthcare (Most Benefit Plans)
- United Healthcare Chip
- United Healthcare Chronic Complete
- United Healthcare Dual Complete
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage
- United Healthcare Star
- United Healthcare Star Plus Perinatal*
- United Healthcare TXMMP
- US Family Health Plan
- USA Managed Care Organization - PPO Network
- USA Managed Care Organization - Worker's Comp*
- WorkLink Worker's Comp
*Plans not accepted by Memorial Hermann. See our list of accepted plans.
Always verify insurance coverage with your provider prior to receiving care.