Matthew Greives, M.D.
Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Craniofacial Surgery
A biochemistry honors graduate of Washington University in St. Louis, Dr. Matthew Greives earned his medical degree at the New York University School of Medicine in New York City. His residency in plastic and reconstructive medicine at the University of Chicago Hospital included a clinical elective learning the intricacies of ear reconstruction from Dr. Francoise Firmin of Paris, France. He completed a fellowship in pediatric and craniofacial plastic surgery at the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh/University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Dr. Greives is Board Certified in Plastic Surgery. His clinical interests include cleft lip and palate care and surgery, craniosynostosis, orthognathic surgery, neonatal airway surgery, craniofacial distraction and ear reconstruction. Since he joined UTHealth in 2014, he also has served as an assistant professor in the Division of Pediatric Plastic Surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Medical School. Author of a number of papers, journal articles and presentations, Dr. Greives’ professional recognitions include the Huggins Surgical Research Symposium: Best Clinical Presentation (2011) and the ASPS Senior Resident Conference: Best Microsurgery Paper (2012).
A resident of Houston, Dr. Greives, who says he “loves languages,” is nearly fluent in French and learning Spanish. Among his other leisure activities are staying active by swimming, biking and playing volleyball, and food -- both experimenting with recipes or trying new and exciting restaurants.
Watch the video below for more on Dr. Greives
By selecting an appointment time you will be transferred from the Memorial Hermann
website to our scheduling partner's website - Healthpost.com.
information about this site.
Accepted Medical Insurance Plans
- AARP Medicare Complete
- Aetna (Most Benefit Plans)
- Aetna Medicare
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AHI Healthlink
- Amerigroup Chip
- Amerigroup MMP Perinatal*
- Amerigroup Star
- Amerigroup Star Plus
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Texas
- Blue Exchange PPO
- Cigna (Most Benefit Plans)
- Coastal Comp Healthnetworks PPO*
- Coastal Comp Healthnetworks Work Comp
- Community Health Choice
- Community Health Choice Chip
- Community Health Choice Marketplace Kelsey QHP
- Community Health Choice Marketplace QHP
- Community Health Choice Star
- Corporate Remedies Worker's Comp*
- Corvel Worker's Comp*
- Coventry Health Care - PPO Network
- Coventry Medicare Advantra
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems - PPO Network*
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems - Worker's Comp*
- First Health - PPO Network
- First Health - Worker's Comp
- Galaxy Health Network
- Humana (Most Benefit Plans)
- Humana Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Gold Plus HMO
- Humana HMOx QHP Exchange
- Humanachoice PPO Medicare
- Independant Medical Systems
- Injury Management Organization Worker's Comp*
- Interplan Health Group (IHG)*
- Medicaid Traditional
- Medicare Traditional
- Medicus International - PPO Network
- Memorial Hermann Advantage HMO
- Memorial Hermann Advantage PPO
- Memorial Hermann Solutions
- OccuNet PPO - PPO Network
- Olympus (International) - PPO Network*
- Political Subdivision Workers Comp Alliance*
- Private Healthcare System
- Reny Company Worker's Comp
- Rockport - PPO Network*
- Superior CHIP/Perinatal*
- Superior Foster Care Program
- Texas True Choice - PPO Network*
- United Healthcare (Most Benefit Plans)
- United Healthcare Chip
- United Healthcare Chronic Complete
- United Healthcare Dual Complete
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage
- United Healthcare Star
- United Healthcare Star Plus Perinatal*
- United Healthcare TXMMP
- US Family Health Plan
- USA Managed Care Organization - PPO Network
- USA Managed Care Organization - Worker's Comp*
- WorkLink Worker's Comp
*Plans not accepted by Memorial Hermann. See our list of accepted plans.
Always verify insurance coverage with your provider prior to receiving care.
Videos of Dr. Greives
Dr. Greives discusses diagnosis and treatment options for the entire scope of vascular anomalies and other soft tissue tumors.
Cleft Lip and Palate
Dr. Grieves discusses the prenatal aspects, as well as surgical treatments for cleft lip & palate.
Treatment of Skull deformities in Children
Doctor Matthew Greives discusses diagnosis and treatment options for pediatric skull deformities.
Stories of Hope: