Dr. Andrea A. Hayes-Jordan
Dr. Andrea Hayes-Jordan is a graduate of Dartmouth Medical School in Hanover, New Jersey, and completed her residency at the University of California Davis-East Bay, in Oakland. She also completed fellowships in melanoma and sarcoma at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, pediatric surgical oncology at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, and pediatric surgery at the Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Board certified in general surgery and pediatric surgery, Dr. Hayes-Jordan’s primary clinical interests are in pediatric surgical oncology and extensive abdominal tumors. She is an associate professor in pediatric surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Medical School and surgical oncology and pediatrics at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Dr. Hayes-Jordan’s professional recognitions include the Dean's Teaching Excellence Award at the McGovern Medical School at UTHealth at Houston; a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation scholar;
The Patricia C. Moynihan, M.D., Women in Academic Surgery Lectureship Award at East Tennessee State University and the President's Recognition for Faculty Excellence, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
In 2006, Dr. Hayes-Jordan modified a high risk adult surgical technique using heated chemotherapy for young patients with sarcomatosis. Currently, she is the only surgeon in North America performing hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) surgery on pediatric patients. She has made an impact on the survival rates for a rare and aggressive disease called desmoplastic small round cell tumor (DSRCT). She presently is the principal investigator for a phase 2 trial for HIPEC in children.
In practice since 1987, she treats patients up to 25 years old with compassion and dedication, offering every child the latest treatment tailored to the individual.
A resident of Houston, Dr. Hayes-Jordan is married and the mother of two. Her favorite non-work activity is attending Bible study.
For more on Dr. Hayes-Jordan watch the video below:
Dartmouth Medical School, 1991
Internships & Residency:
University of California Oakland - Graduate Medical Education, 1998
UT MD Anderson - Students & Training Services/GME, 1999
St Jude Children's Research Hospital, 2000
Hospital for Sick Children - Medical Affairs, 2002
Minimally Invasive Surgery, Soft Tissue Sarcomas, Surgical Oncology
Bellaire, Galena Park, Houston, Missouri City
Zip Codes Served:
77001, 77002, 77003, 77004, 77005, 77006, 77007, 77008
77001, 77002, 77003, 77004, 77005, 77006, 77007, 77008, 77009, 77010, 77011, 77012, 77017, 77018, 77019, 77020, 77021, 77022, 77023, 77024, 77025, 77026, 77027, 77029, 77030, 77031, 77033, 77035, 77036, 77042, 77045, 77046, 77047, 77048, 77051, 77052, 77053, 77054, 77055, 77056, 77057, 77061, 77063, 77071, 77074, 77075, 77081, 77085, 77087, 77091, 77092, 77096, 77097, 77098, 77201, 77202, 77203, 77204, 77206, 77207, 77208, 77210, 77212, 77215, 77216, 77217, 77219, 77220, 77221, 77222, 77223, 77224, 77225, 77226, 77227, 77229, 77230, 77231, 77233, 77235, 77236, 77237, 77242, 77243, 77245, 77246, 77247, 77248, 77249, 77250, 77251, 77252, 77253, 77254, 77255, 77256, 77257, 77260, 77261, 77262, 77263, 77265, 77266, 77270, 77271, 77274, 77275, 77276, 77277, 77278, 77279, 77281, 77284, 77285, 77286, 77287, 77288, 77292, 77296, 77297, 77298, 77299, 77401, 77402, 77489, 77547
By selecting an appointment time you will be transferred from the Memorial Hermann
website to our scheduling partner's website - Healthpost.com.
information about this site.
Accepted Medical Insurance Plans
- AARP Medicare Complete
- Aetna (Most Benefit Plans)
- Aetna Medicare
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AHI Healthlink
- Amerigroup Chip
- Amerigroup MMP Perinatal*
- Amerigroup Star
- Amerigroup Star Plus
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Texas
- Blue Exchange PPO
- Cigna (Most Benefit Plans)
- Coastal Comp Healthnetworks PPO*
- Coastal Comp Healthnetworks Work Comp
- Community Health Choice
- Community Health Choice Chip
- Community Health Choice Marketplace Kelsey QHP
- Community Health Choice Marketplace QHP
- Community Health Choice Star
- Corporate Remedies Worker's Comp*
- Corvel Worker's Comp*
- Coventry Health Care - PPO Network
- Coventry Medicare Advantra
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems - PPO Network*
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems - Worker's Comp*
- First Health - PPO Network
- First Health - Worker's Comp
- Galaxy Health Network
- Humana (Most Benefit Plans)
- Humana Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Gold Plus HMO
- Humana HMOx QHP Exchange
- Humanachoice PPO Medicare
- Independant Medical Systems
- Injury Management Organization Worker's Comp*
- Interplan Health Group (IHG)*
- Medicaid Traditional
- Medicare Traditional
- Medicus International - PPO Network
- Memorial Hermann Advantage HMO
- Memorial Hermann Advantage PPO
- Memorial Hermann Solutions
- OccuNet PPO - PPO Network
- Olympus (International) - PPO Network*
- Political Subdivision Workers Comp Alliance*
- Private Healthcare System
- Reny Company Worker's Comp
- Rockport - PPO Network*
- Superior CHIP/Perinatal*
- Superior Foster Care Program
- Texas True Choice - PPO Network*
- United Healthcare (Most Benefit Plans)
- United Healthcare Chip
- United Healthcare Chronic Complete
- United Healthcare Dual Complete
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage
- United Healthcare Star
- United Healthcare Star Plus Perinatal*
- United Healthcare TXMMP
- US Family Health Plan
- USA Managed Care Organization - PPO Network
- USA Managed Care Organization - Worker's Comp*
- WorkLink Worker's Comp
*Plans not accepted by Memorial Hermann. See our list of accepted plans.
Always verify insurance coverage with your provider prior to receiving care.
Sunscreen: The Real Story
When it comes to protecting your children from the sun’s ultraviolet radiation, a sure-fire option is, of course, simply staying in the shade. But as any parent knows, that’s easier said than done.
Read the full story »
On the Spot: Melanoma and Children
Most of us associate skin cancer with adults - people who have spent years exposed to the sun. But over the years, Dr. Andrea Hayes-Jordan, director of Pediatric Surgical Oncology at Children's Memorial Hospital, has witnessed many cases of melanoma in kids.
Read the full story »