Dr. Kevin P. Lally, M.D., M.S.
Professor and Chairman
Department of Pediatric Surgery
Dr. Kevin Lally is a graduate of Tulane University Medical School in New Orleans, Louisiana. He completed his residency at the United States Air Force Medical Center at Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi, and a fellowship at Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles.
Board certified in thoracic pediatric surgery, surgical critical care and general surgery, Dr. Lally’s clinical interests include hydrocele, inguinal hernia, umbilical hernia, prenatally diagnosed problems and congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH).
Dr. Lally holds the Richard Andrassy, MD, Endowed Distinguished Professorship and the A.G. McNeese Chair in Pediatric Surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Medical School. He has been recognized with the President’s Award for Mentoring Women, as well as UTHealth’s Teaching Excellence Award and Outstanding Surgical Educator.
In practice since 1991, Dr. Lally treats patients up to 18 years old. He is known for his availability, competence and compassion. His child-friendly practice offers state-of-the-art surgical care and a clear interest in his young patients.
A resident of Houston, Dr. Lally is married and has four children and five grandchildren. His favorite leisure activities are traveling, model ship-building, hiking and spending time with his family.
Watch the below video for more on Dr. Lally:
By selecting an appointment time you will be transferred from the Memorial Hermann
website to our scheduling partner's website - Healthpost.com.
information about this site.
Accepted Medical Insurance Plans
- AARP Medicare Complete
- Aetna (Most Benefit Plans)
- Aetna Medicare
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AHI Healthlink
- Amerigroup Chip
- Amerigroup MMP Perinatal*
- Amerigroup Star
- Amerigroup Star Plus
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Texas
- Blue Exchange PPO
- Cigna (Most Benefit Plans)
- Coastal Comp Healthnetworks PPO*
- Coastal Comp Healthnetworks Work Comp
- Community Health Choice
- Community Health Choice Chip
- Community Health Choice Marketplace Kelsey QHP
- Community Health Choice Marketplace QHP
- Community Health Choice Star
- Corporate Remedies Worker's Comp*
- Corvel Worker's Comp*
- Coventry Health Care - PPO Network
- Coventry Medicare Advantra
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems - PPO Network*
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems - Worker's Comp*
- First Health - PPO Network
- First Health - Worker's Comp
- Galaxy Health Network
- Humana (Most Benefit Plans)
- Humana Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Gold Plus HMO
- Humana HMOx QHP Exchange
- Humanachoice PPO Medicare
- Independant Medical Systems
- Injury Management Organization Worker's Comp*
- Interplan Health Group (IHG)*
- Medicaid Traditional
- Medicare Traditional
- Medicus International - PPO Network
- Memorial Hermann Advantage HMO
- Memorial Hermann Advantage PPO
- Memorial Hermann Solutions
- OccuNet PPO - PPO Network
- Olympus (International) - PPO Network*
- Political Subdivision Workers Comp Alliance*
- Private Healthcare System
- Reny Company Worker's Comp
- Rockport - PPO Network*
- Superior CHIP/Perinatal*
- Superior Foster Care Program
- Texas True Choice - PPO Network*
- United Healthcare (Most Benefit Plans)
- United Healthcare Chip
- United Healthcare Chronic Complete
- United Healthcare Dual Complete
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage
- United Healthcare Star
- United Healthcare Star Plus Perinatal*
- United Healthcare TXMMP
- US Family Health Plan
- USA Managed Care Organization - PPO Network
- USA Managed Care Organization - Worker's Comp*
- WorkLink Worker's Comp
*Plans not accepted by Memorial Hermann. See our list of accepted plans.
Always verify insurance coverage with your provider prior to receiving care.
Videos of Dr. Lally
Pediatric Trauma Reunion
Dr. Lally was on hand at the third annual pediatric trauma reunion at the Houston Zoo. This yearly event gives patients and their families an opportunity to reunite with their caregivers.
Watch the video »
Life Flight to Safety
Dr. Kevin Lally along with Life Flight and the Texas Trauma Institute at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center remove a 14” long branch that had been plunged into a boy’s throat after a dirt biking accident.
Watch the video »
Conjoined Twins Share Their Story - 18 Years Later
Miracles are performed every day at Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital. However, rarely is there a miracle as unique as the story of twin sisters Emily and Caitlin Copeland, and today they are sharing that story for the first time in 18 years.
Read the full story »