Dr. Matthew T. Harting, M.D.
Pediatric Surgery, Surgical Critical Care and General Surgery
Dr. Matthew Harting earned his medical degree at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Medical School. He completed a residency in general surgery at the University of Michigan Hospital, a fellowship in pediatric surgery at the University of Washington School of Medicine and a fellowship in surgical critical care at UTHealth.
Board certified in general surgery, pediatric surgery, and surgical critical care, Dr. Harting’s clinical interests include congenital and acquired thoracic disease, including pulmonary, diaphragmatic and esophageal disease, particularly patients with congenital diaphragmatic hernias. He also has interests in minimally invasive surgery and extracorporeal life support. He treats newborns through adults.
Dr. Harting helps both parents and children understand medical complexities. Utilizing the latest research available, he applies his diverse training to caring for each child with an appropriately unique and optimized approach.
A resident of west Houston, Dr. Harting is married and the father of three young children. His favorite leisure activity is spending time with his family.
Watch the video below for more on Dr. Harting
University of Texas at Houston-Registrar, 2003
University of Washington - Graduate Medical Education, 2013
UTHSC-Department of Surgery, 2014
Bellaire, Galena Park, Houston, Missouri City
Zip Codes Served:
77001, 77002, 77003, 77004, 77005, 77006, 77007, 77008
77001, 77002, 77003, 77004, 77005, 77006, 77007, 77008, 77009, 77010, 77011, 77012, 77017, 77018, 77019, 77020, 77021, 77022, 77023, 77024, 77025, 77026, 77027, 77029, 77030, 77031, 77033, 77035, 77036, 77042, 77045, 77046, 77047, 77048, 77051, 77052, 77053, 77054, 77055, 77056, 77057, 77061, 77063, 77071, 77074, 77075, 77081, 77085, 77087, 77091, 77092, 77096, 77097, 77098, 77201, 77202, 77203, 77204, 77206, 77207, 77208, 77210, 77212, 77215, 77216, 77217, 77219, 77220, 77221, 77222, 77223, 77224, 77225, 77226, 77227, 77229, 77230, 77231, 77233, 77235, 77236, 77237, 77242, 77243, 77245, 77246, 77247, 77248, 77249, 77250, 77251, 77252, 77253, 77254, 77255, 77256, 77257, 77260, 77261, 77262, 77263, 77265, 77266, 77270, 77271, 77274, 77275, 77276, 77277, 77278, 77279, 77281, 77284, 77285, 77286, 77287, 77288, 77292, 77296, 77297, 77298, 77299, 77401, 77402, 77489, 77547
By selecting an appointment time you will be transferred from the Memorial Hermann
website to our scheduling partner's website - Healthpost.com.
information about this site.
Accepted Medical Insurance Plans
- AARP Medicare Complete
- Aetna (Most Benefit Plans)
- Aetna Medicare
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AHI Healthlink
- Amerigroup Chip
- Amerigroup MMP Perinatal*
- Amerigroup Star
- Amerigroup Star Plus
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Texas
- Blue Exchange PPO
- Cigna (Most Benefit Plans)
- Coastal Comp Healthnetworks PPO*
- Coastal Comp Healthnetworks Work Comp
- Community Health Choice
- Community Health Choice Chip
- Community Health Choice Marketplace Kelsey QHP
- Community Health Choice Marketplace QHP
- Community Health Choice Star
- Corporate Remedies Worker's Comp*
- Corvel Worker's Comp*
- Coventry Health Care - PPO Network
- Coventry Medicare Advantra
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems - PPO Network*
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems - Worker's Comp*
- First Health - PPO Network
- First Health - Worker's Comp
- Galaxy Health Network
- Humana (Most Benefit Plans)
- Humana Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Gold Plus HMO
- Humana HMOx QHP Exchange
- Humanachoice PPO Medicare
- Independant Medical Systems
- Injury Management Organization Worker's Comp*
- Interplan Health Group (IHG)*
- Medicaid Traditional
- Medicare Traditional
- Medicus International - PPO Network
- Memorial Hermann Advantage HMO
- Memorial Hermann Advantage PPO
- Memorial Hermann Solutions
- OccuNet PPO - PPO Network
- Olympus (International) - PPO Network*
- Political Subdivision Workers Comp Alliance*
- Private Healthcare System
- Reny Company Worker's Comp
- Rockport - PPO Network*
- Superior CHIP/Perinatal*
- Superior Foster Care Program
- Texas True Choice - PPO Network*
- United Healthcare (Most Benefit Plans)
- United Healthcare Chip
- United Healthcare Chronic Complete
- United Healthcare Dual Complete
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage
- United Healthcare Star
- United Healthcare Star Plus Perinatal*
- United Healthcare TXMMP
- US Family Health Plan
- USA Managed Care Organization - PPO Network
- USA Managed Care Organization - Worker's Comp*
- WorkLink Worker's Comp
*Plans not accepted by Memorial Hermann. See our list of accepted plans.
Always verify insurance coverage with your provider prior to receiving care.
Videos of Dr. Harting
Patient Story | Back from the Brink - Dominic's Story
Dominic was only 18-months-old when he followed the family dog out the back door and fell into the family’s hot tub...
Webinar | Chest Deformities:
Dr. Harting and Team discuss diagnosis, and both surgical and non surgical treatment options for chest deformities in children.
Watch the Video »