Patient Rights and Responsibilities
You are entitled:
- To have prompt, courteous services at all times.
- To be instructed on the proper use of your equipment, and to have written instructions given to you.
- To have your equipment properly adjusted for you.
- To have your rental equipment maintained and presented to you in good “like new” working order.
- To inspect and approve your equipment upon delivery.
- To have any paperwork that pertains to your purchase or rental completely explained to you.
- To be completely informed prior to making your purchase how much your insurance will be billed and what your financial responsibility will be.
- To be given a cost estimate, and estimated completion date for any service work being performed.
- To be involved in decisions surrounding your care.
- To call (281) 784-7550 and ask questions, and express any concerns you may have.
- To call (281) 784-7550 and speak directly to the Home Medical Equipment Manager if you ever feel any of your rights have been violated.
You have a responsibility:
- To adhere to your doctor’s orders and the plan of treatment established for you.
- To care, operate and use the equipment in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- To maintain rental equipment in good condition.
- To be available at the time deliveries are made and allow Memorial Hermann Home Medical Equipment personnel to enter your resident to provide the ordered services.
- To notify Memorial Hermann Home Medical Equipment in the event equipment becomes inoperable, and to allow company personnel access to your residence for repair or replacement.
- To notify Memorial Hermann Home Medical Equipment of any changes in your status, including change of address, change in doctor’s order, or transfer to a services or nursing home.
- To be liable for the equipment until it is returned, and in the event of loss or damage, agree to pay the replacement value of rental equipment.
- To know that sales return and refund will be accepted when unused and unopened within thirty (30) days of original delivery date with proof of purchase, except for oxygen, nutritional supplies and bath items.
- To call when rental equipment is no longer needed.
If you have questions, comments or concerns, contact Memorial Hermann Home Care at (281) 784-7550.