Hearing, Tinnitus & Balance
As hearing, tinnitus, and balance specialists, we offer the latest technology along with expertise in the newest diagnostic procedures and the state-of-the-art equipment. Patients are first evaluated for medical problems and then, following testing, we recommend treatments and tools such as hearing aid devices, tinnitus therapy, or balance management, depending on what is most suitable for each individual.
Diagnostic Audiological Tests
- Comprehensive audiological evaluation
- Immittance measures (middle ear and eustachian tube studies)
- Otoacoustic emissions (for the assessment of cochlear function for monitoring ototoxicity secondary to chemotherapy and radiation as well as for hearing screening in infants)
- Tinnitus evaluation and management
- Auditory steady state responses (ASSR)-detailed frequency-specific hearing assessment through recording of brain activity
- Central auditory processing disorders
- Electrocochleography (ECOG)-for differential diagnosis of Meniere's disease
- Auditory Evoked Responses
- Auditory brainstem responses (ABR)
- Middle latencies responses (MLR)
- Late evoked responses (P300)
- Electroneurography for facial nerve pathology
Dizziness and Balance Evaluation
Videonystagmography (VNG) is used to evaluate dizzy patients. We also offer information on balance and vestibular rehabilitation.
Digital Hearing Aids and Assistive Listening Devices
We offer hearing aids and assistive listening devices to fit each patient's particular need.
- Major brands of hearing aids available
- Fitting various types of digital hearing aids
- Ear protection devices
- Batteries and hearing aid supplies
- Rehabilitation program for hearing loss
- Repair service
- Tubing replacement
Tinnitus Rehabilitation Program
We provide comprehensive tinnitus evaluation and an advanced device for tinnitus management.
Cochlear Implant and Implantable Hearing Aids
Audiologists participate in the evaluation and rehabilitation of patients (both children and adults) with profound hearing loss. A cochlear implant or an implantable hearing aid can offer dramatic results for these patients.
Areas of Specialty
- Ototoxicity and sudden hearing loss
- Chemotherapy and hearing loss
- Tinnitus management
- Auditory hair cell function
- Hearing aid fitting and rehabilitation
- Pediatric audiology
- Electrophysiological testing
- Vestibular and balance assessment
For more information, to refer a patient, or to schedule an appointment, call (713) 486-5000.
Houston, Texas 77030