Memorial Hermann Home Care Behavioral Health Program offer patients with mental health issues treatment within the comfort of their own home.
Customized Treatment Plan
Following an assessment of the patient’s mental status, family dynamics, home environment and safety, the Memorial Hermann Home Care Behavioral Health Services team will develop a customized treatment plan that can include:
- • Identifying positive coping mechanisms to maintain independence
- • Patient education
- • Medication management and compliance
- • Interdisciplinary care planning
- • Community resource referral and coordination
Our patients that follow the customized treatment plan often find they experience fewer hospital/emergency room readmissions.
The team of experts consists of a medical director who is a board-certified psychiatrist, registered nurses and social workers specialized in behavioral health issues, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other home care disciplines.
What makes the Memorial Hermann Home Care Behavioral Health Program unique?
- It utilizes both pharmacological and non-pharmacological techniques.
- It works with the patient’s primary care physician to develop a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Nursing visits are conducted in the patient’s home for patients meeting home health criteria.
- Nurses are specialized in behavioral health.
- Depression secondary to a chronic illness
- Additional depressive disorders
- Bi-polar disorder
- Altered mental state including dementia
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
Services provided by the Memorial Hermann Home Care Behavioral Health Program include:
- Individual assessments
- Standardized mental health exams
- Patient monitoring
- Medication regime effectiveness, including therapeutic drug levels
- Disease progression
- Prescribed injections
- Patient education
- Stabilization of co-existing medical problems; medical condition and behavioral health
- Temporarily provides transportation to patients with issues related to medication accessibility
- Establishing the need for additional services and local resource
Patients must be home bound due to either a physical and/or behavioral health related issue and must have a psychiatric diagnosis. For more information or for admissions please call (713) 338-7300.