About Your Visit
Memorial Hermann Imaging Centers deliver customized diagnostic services through a staff of caring professionals. We’ve streamlined our process to maximize your comfort, reduce your wait time and minimize stress.
Imaging Center Benefits
- Conveniently located outside of the hospital, so you can get in and out faster
- Relaxed, comfortable, spa-like setting
- All exams are interpreted by highly skilled, board-certified radiologists
- Results are back to your doctor within 10 hours, so you can get answers more quickly
Before you make an imaging appointment, be sure to talk to your doctor about your options. You can utilize Memorial Hermann Imaging Centers with a doctor referral. The choice is yours. Please change to: Before you make an imaging appointment, be sure to talk to your doctor about your options. You can utilize our Centers with any physician authorization for imaging services. The choice is yours.
How Do I Schedule My Appointment and Prepare for My Visit?
- Get a doctor's order. Most imaging procedures do require authorization from your doctor.
- Schedule your appointment.Schedule an appointment online or call (877) 704-8700
. For your convenience, we offer early morning, evening and weekend appointments. Next-day appointments are available at most of our Centers, insurance permitting. We accept all major insurance plans.
- Listen carefully to all instructions. You will be given instructions if your test requires specific preparation (for example, fasting four to six hours prior to the test). Imaging exams cannot be performed with unsupervised children or toddlers. Find out what to bring the day of your visit.
What Can I Expect During My Visit?
If you have never been to one of our Imaging Centers, you will be asked to arrive earlier than your appointment with us, to visit registration, where your demographic and insurance information will be gathered.
Upon your arrival at the Imaging Center, you will check in at the main desk. Our friendly staff will then complete your registration process and ask you to sign consent forms.
You will also be given a description of the test you have been scheduled for. As you read the description, feel free to jot down any questions or concerns you may have about the test.
You will also receive a pager to notify you when it is your turn. While you wait, sit back and enjoy our spa-like atmosphere designed to help soothe and replenish your spirit. Decorated with calming art work, the waiting area is equipped with high speed internet, magazines and a snack area. We invite you to sip on a cup of freshly brewed gourmet tea or coffee and relax.
Our friendly staff will escort you back to the changing area when it is your turn.
How Do I Get The Results From My Test?
Once the diagnostic imaging exam has been performed, you will have a short wait while the technologist and radiologist determine if the images are of appropriate clarity, sharpness and orientation.
In some cases, the staff may repeat the examination, or they may run a different imaging test to gather more information.
There is minimal patient recovery for most diagnostic imaging examinations. However, some exams like X-ray angiography may require a slightly longer recovery period.
If you have been given a sedative as part of the procedure, you will need to have someone else drive you home.
All of our exams are interpreted by highly skilled, board-certified radiologist. And, so you can get answers more quickly, we have results back to your physician within 10 hours. Your physician will contact you directly to review the results.