Health Care Focused on You
Memorial Hermann Plan featuring the Memorial Hermann Accountable Care Network
Where you go for medical care does matter. The Memorial Hermann Plan with Aetna's cutting edge technology offers access to a comprehensive network of 12 hospitals and, dozens of specialty programs and services across the greater Houston area as well as exceptional primary care and specialist physicians throughout the region.
As a KBR employee, it's available to you.
Learn more at an onsite meeting
With the Memorial Hermann Plan, you'll get a health care team that will work together - and with you - to meet your unique needs. It's a member-centered approach to care that helps you:
- Save money when you see doctors and use facilities in the Memorial Hermann Accountable Care Network.
- Save time because your doctors can see how other doctors are treating you, what medications you're taking, your lab results, your health history and more.
Get more attention from a care team whose goal is to keep you healthy or improve your health, not just treat you when you're sick.
It's easy to see who's in your ACO network:
- Visit www.aetna.com/docfind.
- Type a name, specialty, procedure or condition in the "What are you looking for?" box or search from a list of conditions, procedures and provider types.
- Enter your zip code or city and state.
- Select - Aetna Whole Health-Memorial Hermann--ACN Select from the drop down menu
Sign up today
Get better health by getting better quality healthcare focused on you. Enrolling is simple. Just choose the Memorial Hermann Plan.
What does accountable care really mean for me and my family?
The Memorial Hermann Accountable Care Network offers you and your family a new kind of health care - where physicians and hospitals commit to working collaboratively to offer the highest quality, safest, and most cost effective care. Here's an example of how it differs from traditional medical care.
- My doctor told me I'm a diabetic. He gave me a prescription, advised me to make diet changes and sent me on my way.
- I remember receiving several phone messages from my insurance company offering some kind of program, but I was too busy to get back to them.
- I made some diet changes but I still loved my rich food. I also found it hard to get active and remember to take my medication.
- About a year later, my diabetes gave him a serious scare. I passed out and was rushed to the ER with dangerously high blood sugar levels.
- I had to spend almost a week in the hospital and was off work for several weeks after that.
Memorial Hermann Plan
- My doctor told me I'm a diabetic. She gave me a prescription, referred me to an eye specialist for an exam and a nutritionist to help change my diet.
- I tried to follow my doctor's instructions, but I would forget to check my blood sugar or take my prescription. I didn't really understand why I needed to do all that.
- I never saw the specialists either.I got a few calls from Aetna about a diabetes program, but I didn't think it was really necessary.
- About two weeks later, my doctor's office called. They had gotten an alert that told them I was not on track with my new treatment plan. They asked me to come back in for a follow-up visit.
- That second appointment with my doctor really opened my eyes. Her care manager attended the appointment with me and they explained more about diabetes and how serious it could be. They recommended I participate in a diabetes program with Aetna and I agreed. I also made a plan with the care manager to check in regularly for a few weeks while I was adjusting to all the new things I needed to do.
- I met with the nutritionist and learned how to change my eating habits. I also saw the eye specialist - I didn't know diabetes could damage your eyesight!
- I joined Aetna's diabetes program and it's actually really helpful. It also helped me with my diet and other ways of controlling my blood sugar to keep me healthy. I can also track my blood sugar readings on their website.
- I'm feeling better every day. I have more energy and my blood sugar readings are right where they should be. I haven't missed any work because I was feeling sick. And I know if I have questions or concerns, I have a whole care team behind me to help me. That's a great feeling!
Health insurance plans are offered, administered or underwritten by Aetna Life Insurance Company (Aetna).