Heart and Vascular Services
Heart specialists affiliated with Memorial Hermann Cypress Hospital utilize advanced technology to provide fast, accurate diagnosis of coronary artery blockages, close to home.
Board-certified diagnostic, interventional and electrophysiology cardiologists affiliated with Memorial Hermann Cypress work with a dedicated staff of caregivers to offer prevention, diagnostic treatment and interventional procedures for a spectrum of heart-related conditions.
Integrated Cardiac Catheterization Lab
In our integrated cardiac catheterization lab, we can quickly determine whether a patient with heart disease requires specialized treatment. The cath lab provides affiliated physicians and staff with advanced diagnostic and therapeutic imaging tools that deliver streamlined data and precise, relevant images and information. Your cardiologist will have the capability to view these images from anywhere.
Comprehensive Cardiac and Vascular Care
Our program includes noninvasive and invasive cardiology and peripheral invasive radiology. If a higher level of care is needed, patients, including heart attack patients, can be stabilized at Memorial Hermann Cypress and quickly transported via Life Flight® to other Memorial Hermann facilities.
Heart Imaging and Diagnostics
Successful treatment and survival of a heart attack requires immediate medical attention. Our affiliated heart specialists utilize advanced technology to provide fast, accurate diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery disease, close to home. Available tests include:
- Computed tomography (CT) (128-slice)
- Echocardiogram (Echo), including transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE) and transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Holter monitoring
- Intravascular ultrasound
- Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA)
- Nuclear medicine studies - cardiac and non-cardiac, including treadmill and chemical stress test
- Peripheral angiograms
- Peripheral vascular ultrasound
- Transesophageal echocardiogram
- Treadmill and chemical stress test
All chest pain patients are screened for heart attack symptoms upon arrival to our Emergency Center and, if necessary, are transferred to our 24/7 STEMI cardiac catheterization lab.
Heart Procedures and Services
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Minimally invasive implantation of event recorder
- Permanent and temporary pacemaker insertion
- Congestive heart failure evaluation cathererization studies
- Coronary angioplasty, including balloon and stent placement
- Coronary atherectomy
- Coronary thrombectomy
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization
- Intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) placement
- Revascularization of lower extremities
- Endovascular aneursym repair (EVAR)
- Thoracic endovascular aneurysm repair (TEVAR)
- Vascular surgery
- Abscess drain placement
- Biliary drain
- Dialysis access
- Gastrostomy tube placement
- Inferior vena cava (IVC) filter placement and retrieval
- Lumbar puncture
- Minimally invasive port placement
- Uterine fibroid embolization
- Vertebroplasty / Kyphoplasty
Click here for additional information on heart and vascular services offered by Memorial Hermann.
We invite you to take a video tour of our Cardiac Cath Lab.