Volunteer at Cypress
Volunteering is as rewarding to the volunteer as it is beneficial to the patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Gaining experience and new skills
- Making new friends
- Developing a sense of self-worth and meaning to your life
- Giving back to the hospital and community
- Being part of a team that promotes the best in healthcare
- Interaction with patients, families, staff and fellow volunteers
Requirements for Volunteering:
- Complete an application/interview
- Commit to at least one year of service
- Be willing to work one day per week Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. or 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Successfully complete the orientation and training
- Adhere to a uniform dress code
Areas of Service:
- Information Desk
- Family Support in waiting areas
- Hospital support/transportation
- Escorting patients/visitors
- Nursing units
- Clerical assistance
Benefits for Volunteers:
- Complimentary meal in the hospital cafeteria
- Free annual tuberculosis screening and flu shots
- Recognition parties and luncheons
Volunteer Programs and Applications:
The Adult Volunteer Program is our year round program. This program is best suited for long-term volunteers that want to serve the hospital and its patients. Please print this Adult Application, and once complete contact the Volunteer Coordinator to schedule an interview.
The Junior Volunteer Summer Program is for high school students (minimum age 15 years old). The 2019 Junior Program application will be available on this webpage to the general public on April 1, 2019. The interviews will take place in mid-May, mandatory orientation will be on June 13, and the program will be from June 17 – July 26. This is a first come, first served program, so please apply as early as possible if available for the listed dates.
For more information contact:
Memorial Hermann Cypress Hospital
27800 Northwest Freeway
Cypress, Texas 77433