Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital
1635 North Loop W
Houston, TX 77008
Our Emergency Center offers treatment and stabilization of urgent medical conditions for all ages. Open around the clock, the center is staffed by a dedicated team of board-certified emergency physicians and experienced nurses. It’s important to note, however, that your primary care physician’s office is best for non-emergency care.
A diagnostic center with 24-hour radiology coverage adjoins the Emergency Center for rapid testing and diagnosis.
Northwest Houston ER Location
The Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital Emergency Room is located at the intersection of 610 North and Ella Blvd on the Southwest corner. Get maps and directions.
In an emergency, don’t hesitate to go to the ER. If your condition is not urgent, call your personal physician first.
Not sure if your condition is urgent or not? The American College of Emergency Physicians offers this guide.
Online ER Check In
Now Available - three easy steps to reduce your ER wait time.
Choose an ER
Select a Treatment Time
Be Seen Within 15 Minutes of Arrival
Select a treatment time & complete the required information to pre-register online.
Wait in the comfort of your home instead of the ER & a healthcare professional will see you within 15 minutes of arrival.
In the event of a true emergency, dial 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room immediately.
If patients with more emergent medical conditions are present in the ER at your scheduled time, those patients will be seen prior to you.
When to Use the ER
- Chest pain lasting two minutes or more
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Sudden or severe pain
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
- Sudden dizziness, weakness or change in vision
- Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Change in mental status (e.g., confusion)
When to See Your Personal Physician or Visit a Clinic
- Ear ache
- Sore throat
- Fever that responds to fever-reducing medication
- Ankle sprain and other strains of muscles and joints
- Coughs and colds
- Abdominal pain or other symptoms that resemble an illness that is “going around”
- Any situation where it be convenient, but not necessary, to seek care in an emergency center.
Source: American College of Emergency Physicians