Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation
Comprehensive, multidisciplinary inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation is available at Memorial Hermann Greater Heights.
Memorial Hermann Greater Heights Hospital offers multidisciplinary inpatient medical rehabilitation. The hospital’s inpatient center is designed to help patients reach optimal functionality following an injury or illness. Personal performance goals are incorporated into a customized rehabilitation treatment program.
The following patients may be appropriate for one of the Memorial Hermann Community Inpatient Rehabilitation Units:
- Stroke and other neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and Guillain Barré syndrome
Non-traumatic brain injury
- General Rehabilitation (including debility)
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Medically complex patients with multi-system disorders
- Non-traumatic spinal cord injury
- Orthopedic conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fractures or complicated joint replacements
- Medical trauma
- Spinal surgery with neurological impairment
An individualized and comprehensive treatment program is designed by the Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R) interdisciplinary team to meet the specific needs of each patient. The inpatient rehabilitation team consists of the physicians, the patient, the family, physical therapists, speech and language pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologist, social worker, case managers, clinical dietitian and 24-hour nursing services.
An individualized rehabilitation program is developed to promote independence and safety so that the patient can return to a productive and fulfilling life. The PM&R Physician coordinates the patient’s medical care with the patient’s other physicians.
TIRR Memorial Hermann Outpatient Rehabilitation - Greater Heights offers the highest level of treatment in northwest Houston for physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. For ongoing rehabilitation needs following hospitalization, patients may continue therapy at the hospitals' conveniently located outpatient centers. These facilities have the latest equipment and technology and are designed with the patient in mind. Learn more.
Where the littlest make the biggest comebacks
TIRR Memorial Hermann - Greater Heights now offers pediatric rehabilitation from newborns to teens in the outpatient setting. We pair cutting edge rehabilitation practices with uniquely customized plans so that all children can enjoy having their whole lives ahead of them.
To Refer for Treatment
Contact us at the phone numbers below to refer a patient for inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation.
Inpatient Rehabilitation: (713) 867-3394
Outpatient Rehabilitation: (713) 867-2674
We are located in Houston at the northwest 610 Loop, at the intersection of 610 and Ella Blvd.
1635 North Loop West
Houston, TX 77008
Get Map and Directions
There are several parking areas at the hospital for your convenience. The parking fee is $6 per day. We offer one complimentary parking voucher per patient, per day, for patients that are on the Rehab Unit.
TIRR Memorial Hermann Admission Criteria
Patients admitted to an inpatient program:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be medically stable
- Must require daily visits by a rehabilitation physician and 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care
- Must be able to tolerate at least 3 hours of therapy per day
- Must require a multidisciplinary team approach and coordinated program of care
- Must have the physical and/or mental potential to achieve rehabilitation goals in a reasonable amount of time.
If you do not meet any of these criteria, please call the Rehabilitation Solution Center for more information: 1.800.44.REHAB (73422), 713.797.5942