Family Birthing Center
Our Family Birthing Center is a 30-bed unit designed to allow mothers and babies to stay together following birth. The center offers state-of-the-art equipment and a three-room cesarean section suite to handle most emergency situations.
In our Level I and II nurseries, skilled nursing professionals care for all but the most critically ill newborns. The specialized neonatal transport service at Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital is readily available should the need arise.
The Family Birthing Center also offers:
- Prenatal classes and seminars
- Lactation counseling
- Educational programs
- Postpartum rooms
- Antepartum observation rooms
- Parenting rooms
To schedule an on tour, please check classes and events or call 713-222-CARE (2273).
Learn About Postpartum Care
To help you be better prepared for what to expect, Memorial Hermann Greater Heights offers you a free booklet via download of A New Beginning, Your Personal Guide to Postpartum Care available
anytime throughout your pregnancy or after. This booklet will help you
understand how to care for yourself and your baby after birth. The
more knowledge you have, the more likely you will approach your personal
journey with confidence and a positive perspective. Topics include:
- Caring for
- Caring for
- And More
High-Risk Obstetrics – Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM)
Our caring staff is trained to care for all childbirth needs, including high-risk obstetrics. Should you need specialized care during your pregnancy, we offer a range of prenatal diagnostic testing and high-risk pregnancy services. Both inpatient consultation and outpatient care are available.
Services available to high-risk obstetrical patients include:
- Prenatal testing
- Genetic consultation
- Pre-pregnancy counseling
- Specialized fetal care such as diagnosis and testing for fetal anomalies and multi-fetal pregnancies (twins or more)
- Specialized maternal care for mothers with medical disorders and prior complicated pregnancies
- Specialized care for disorders of pregnancy such as short cervix, preterm labor, diabetes and hypertensive disorders
Please consult your OB/GYN physician to schedule any maternal fetal medicine (MFM) services you may require.
Diagnostic testing includes:
- Comprehensive and targeted fetal ultrasound using 2-D, 3-D and 4-D imaging
- Chorionic villus sampling
- Fetal biophysical profile
- Non-stress tests
- Umbilical artery Doppler studies
- DNA and enzyme analysis
- Specialized laboratory diagnostics
Maternal-fetal medicine services are available as an outpatient every Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and 24-hour inpatient consultation is available. The MFM clinic is located on the 4th floor of the South Tower at Memorial Hermann Greater Heights, 1635 North Loop West, Houston, TX 77008.
For more information, please call the MFM clinic at 713-867-6361.