Am I a Candidate?
Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Hospital - Katy offers inpatient and outpatient programs for individuals experiencing difficulties with physical or cognitive functioning following illnesses or injuries. The most common conditions that qualify individuals for our programs include:
- Brain injury
- Neurological disorders, including, but not limited to, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, polyneuropathy and critical illness myopathy
- Congenital deformities
- Major multiple trauma
- Spinal cord injury
- Active, severe or advanced arthritis resulting in significant impairments
- Systemic vasculidities with joint inflammation
- Knee or hip joint replacement requiring medical management
- Hip fractures
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome
Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital Admissions and Referrals
Referrals may be made by patients, family members, doctors, social workers, case managers or discharge planners. We have a team of clinical nurse liaisons who evaluate patients to determine if they will be able to participate in and benefit from inpatient rehabilitation. This team works closely with referring hospitals and family members during the initial stages of injury or illness to ensure a timely admission.
Patients admitted to an inpatient program:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be medically stable
- Must require daily visits by a doctor and 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care
- Must be able to tolerate at least 3 hours of therapy per day
- Must require a multidisciplinary team approach and coordinated program of care
- Must have the physical and/or mental potential to achieve rehabilitation goals in a reasonable amount of time.
Would you like to make an appointment, get more information about our services or ask about rehab? Please complete our Contact Us form or call us at 1 (800) 44-REHAB (73422).
Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Hospital – Katy is owned by a partnership that proudly includes physicians dedicated to the community, including certain members of the hospital’s medical staff.