Heart and Vascular Services
Memorial Hermann has a history of excellence in treating patients with cardiovascular disease. With the opening of two new cath labs at Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital, patients in Katy and the surrounding areas have access to Memorial Hermann-affiliated heart specialists, including board-certified diagnostic, interventional and electrophysiology cardiologists as well as vascular surgeons. Together, these physicians and our dedicated staff of caregivers offer prevention, diagnostic treatment and interventional procedures for a spectrum of heart- and vascular-related conditions.
It all starts with preventive care. Cardiologists affiliated with Memorial Hermann Katy can help assess your risk for heart and vascular disease, prescribe lifestyle modifications and/or medication, perform non-invasive and invasive diagnostic tests, such as cardiac catheterization, and coordinate with other specialists for more complex care.
Heart Imaging and Diagnostics
Successful treatment and survival of a heart attack requires immediate medical attention. Our affiliated heart specialists utilize advanced technology to provide fast, accurate diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery disease, close to home.
Available tests and treatments include:
- Computed tomography (CT) (64-slice)
- Echocardiogram (echo), including transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE) and transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Holter monitoring
- Intravascular ultrasound
- Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA)
- Nuclear medicine studies - cardiac and non-cardiac, including treadmill and chemical stress test
- Peripheral angiograms
All chest pain patients are screened for heart attack symptoms upon arrival to our Emergency Center and, if necessary, are transferred to our 24/7 STEMI cardiac catheterization lab.
Integrated Cardiac Catheterization Lab
In our integrated cardiac catheterization lab, we can quickly determine whether a patient with heart disease requires specialized treatment. The cath lab provides affiliated physicians and staff with advanced diagnostic and therapeutic imaging tools that deliver streamlined data and precise, relevant images and information. Your cardiologist will have the capability to view these images from anywhere.
Comprehensive Cardiac and Vascular Care
Our program includes non-invasive and invasive cardiology and peripheral invasive radiology. Procedures and services include:
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Minimally invasive placement of event recorder
- Permanent and temporary pacemaker insertion
- Electrophysiolgy studies, including atrial fibrillation treatment (AFib)
- Abscess drain placement
- Biliary drain
- Dialysis access
- Gastrostomy tube placement
- Inferior vena cava (IVC) filter placement and retrieval
- Lumbar puncture
- Minimally invasive port placement
- Uterine fibroid embolization
- Vertebroplasty / Kyphoplasty
- Congestive heart failure evaluation catheterization studies
- Coronary angioplasty, including balloon and stent placement
- Coronary atherectomy
- Coronary thrombectomy
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization
- Intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) placement
- Revascularization of lower extremities
- Left ventricular assist device (LVAD)
- Endovascular aneursym repair (EVAR)
- Thoracic endovascular aneurysm repair (TEVAR)
- Vascular surgery
- Treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE)
If a higher level of care is needed, patients, including heart attack patients, can be stabilized at Memorial Hermann Katy and quickly transported via Life Flight® to other Memorial Hermann facilities.
Accredited Chest Pain Center
Memorial Hermann Katy had received the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval™ as an Accredited Chest Pain Center
Memorial Hermann Katy takes heart health seriously. Locally, Memorial Hermann Katy provides and participates in numerous health fairs to provide health screenings to the community. Memorial Hermann Katy also works closely with and fundraises for the American Heart Association to promote heart health through programs and events.
To find a specialist affiliated with Memorial Hermann Katy, please call 713-222-CARE (2273).