Volunteer at Katy
Volunteering is as rewarding to the volunteer as it is beneficial to the patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Gaining experience and new skills
- Making new friends
- Developing a sense of self-worth and meaning to your life
- Giving back to the hospital and community
- Being part of a team that promotes the best in healthcare
- Interaction with patients, families, staff and fellow volunteers
Requirements for volunteering:
- Complete an application/interview
- Commit to at least one year of service
- Be willing to work one day per week Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. or 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Successfully complete the orientation and training
- Adhere to a uniform dress code
Areas of service:
- Information desk
- Gift shop
- All nursing units
- ICU/surgery waiting area
- Hospital support/transportation
- Clerical assistance
- Patient advocates
Benefits for volunteers:
- Complimentary meal in the hospital cafeteria
- Gift shop discount
- Free annual tuberculosis screening and flu shots
- Recognition parties and luncheons
Volunteer Programs and Applications:
The Adult Volunteer Program is our year round program. This program is best suited for long-term volunteers that want to serve the hospital and its patients. Please print this Adult Application, and once complete contact the Volunteer Manager to schedule an interview.
The College Volunteer Program is for college students interested in healthcare. The College Program is based in the Emergency Room and is offered during the Spring, Summer and Fall Semesters. Please print this Summer 2016 College Application (for the Summer Semester June 6, 2016 – July 31, 2016 only), and once complete contact the Volunteer Manager to submit your application. The application deadline for the Summer Session is March 6, 2016. Interviews will be conducted around Spring Break.
We also offer a summer Junior Volunteer Program for high school students, minimum age 15. Applications for the 2016 Summer Junior Volunteer Program will be available online mid-to-late March of 2016. The program will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis, so we recommend submitting the application as soon as possible. Only completed applications will be considered.
For more information contact:
Manager of Volunteers
Memorial Hermann Katy
23900 Katy Freeway
Katy, Texas 77494
Or call the Volunteer Office at (281) 644-7581