Volunteer at Katy
Volunteering is as rewarding to the volunteer as it is beneficial to the patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Gaining experience and new skills
- Making new friends
- Developing a sense of self-worth and meaning to your life
- Giving back to the hospital and community
- Being part of a team that promotes the best in healthcare
- Interaction with patients, families, staff and fellow volunteers
Requirements for volunteering:
- Complete an application/interview
- Commit to at least one year of service
- Be willing to work one day per week Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. or 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Successfully complete the orientation and training
- Adhere to a uniform dress code
Areas of service:
- Information desk
- Gift shop
- All nursing units
- ICU/surgery waiting area
- Hospital support/transportation
- Clerical assistance
- Patient advocates
Benefits for volunteers:
- Complimentary meal in the hospital cafeteria
- Gift shop discount
- Free annual tuberculosis screening and flu shots
- Recognition parties and luncheons
Volunteer Programs and Applications:
The Adult Volunteer Program is our year round program. This program is best suited for long-term volunteers that want to serve the hospital and its patients. Please print this Adult Application, and once complete contact the Volunteer Coordinator to schedule an interview.
The College Volunteer Program is for college students interested in healthcare. The College Program is based in the Emergency Room and is currently only offered during the summer. If interested and available from June 3 – July 28, please print out and complete this application. Program details are included in the application packet. It is very important to submit applications as soon as possible. We will only accept applications until we reach our set number of interview spots. Interviews will be conducted the weeks of March 11 – March 22. Notifications will go out to all applicants by the end of March if you are accepted/not accepted into the program.
The Junior Volunteer Summer Program is for high school students (minimum age 15 years old). The 2019 Junior Program application will be available on this webpage to the general public on March 8, 2019. The interviews will take place the week of March 25 from 4 pm – 8 pm. We are offering two four week sessions; Session A from June 3 to June 28 and Session B from July 1 to July 26. All applicants will select which session works better for their schedule, as junior volunteers are required to complete two (2) four hour shifts every week of the four week program. Mandatory orientation for Session A will be on May 29, and Session B orientation will be June 26. This is a first come, first served program, so please apply as early as possible if available for the listed dates. This program is in high demand and closes very quickly each year.
For more information contact:
Memorial Hermann Katy
23900 Katy Freeway
Katy, Texas 77494