Volunteer at Katy
Volunteering is as rewarding to the volunteer as it is beneficial to the patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Gaining experience and new skills
- Making new friends
- Developing a sense of self-worth and meaning to your life
- Giving back to the hospital and community
- Being part of a team that promotes the best in healthcare
- Interaction with patients, families, staff and fellow volunteers
Requirements for volunteering:
- Complete an application/interview
- Commit to at least one year of service
- Be willing to work one day per week Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. or 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Successfully complete the orientation and training
- Adhere to a uniform dress code
Areas of service:
- Information desk
- Gift shop
- All nursing units
- ICU/surgery waiting area
- Hospital support/transportation
- Clerical assistance
- Patient advocates
Benefits for volunteers:
- Complimentary meal in the hospital cafeteria
- Gift shop discount
- Free annual tuberculosis screening and flu shots
- Recognition parties and luncheons
Volunteer Programs and Applications:
The Adult Volunteer Program is our year round program. This program is best suited for long-term volunteers that want to serve the hospital and its patients. Please print this Adult Application, and once complete contact the Volunteer Manager to schedule an interview.
The College Volunteer Program is for college students interested in healthcare. The College Program is based in the Emergency Room and is currently only offered during the summer. If interested and available from June 5 – July 30, please print out and complete this application. Program details are included in the application packet. It is very important to submit applications as soon as possible. We will only accept applications until we reach our set number of interview spots. Interviews will be conducted March 6 – March 17. Notifications will go out by March 31, 2017 if you are accepted/not accepted into the program.
We also offer a Junior Volunteer Summer Program for high school students. Applications for the 2017 Junior Program will be available on this webpage to the general public in the latter part of March, based on availability. This is a first come, first served program for high school students ages 15-17. It is an eight week program, that will begin the week of June 12, and requires one 4 hour shift every week, for the entire eight weeks, not missing any weeks during the program.
For more information contact:
Manager of Volunteers
Memorial Hermann Katy
23900 Katy Freeway
Katy, Texas 77494
Or call the Volunteer Office at (281) 644-7581