Volunteer at Katy
Volunteering is as rewarding to the volunteer as it is beneficial to the patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Gaining experience and new skills
- Making new friends
- Developing a sense of self-worth and meaning to your life
- Giving back to the hospital and community
- Being part of a team that promotes the best in healthcare
- Interaction with patients, families, staff and fellow volunteers
Requirements for volunteering:
- Complete an application/interview
- Commit to at least one year of service
- Be willing to work one day per week Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. or 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Successfully complete the orientation and training
- Adhere to a uniform dress code
Areas of service:
- Information desk
- Gift shop
- All nursing units
- ICU/surgery waiting area
- Hospital support/transportation
- Clerical assistance
- Patient advocates
Benefits for volunteers:
- Complimentary meal in the hospital cafeteria
- Gift shop discount
- Free annual tuberculosis screening and flu shots
- Recognition parties and luncheons
Volunteer Programs and Applications:
The Adult Volunteer Program is our year round program. This program is best suited for long-term volunteers that want to serve the hospital and its patients. Please print this Adult Application, and once complete contact the Volunteer Coordinator to schedule an interview.
The College Volunteer Program is for college students interested in healthcare. The College Program is based in the Emergency Room and is currently only offered during the summer. The 2019 College Volunteer Application has closed for this session. The application for the summer of 2020 will be available on this site on January 1, 2020.
The Junior Volunteer Summer Program is for high school students (minimum age 15 years old). The 2019 Junior Program is now full and the application is closed. The applications for the 2020 Summer Junior Volunteer Program will be available on this webpage to the general public March 2020, based on availability. This is a first come, first served program for high school students. We offer two four week sessions, typically June or July, and require two 4 hour shifts every week, for the entire four weeks, not missing any weeks during the program. This program is in high demand and closes very quickly each year.
For more information contact:
Memorial Hermann Katy Volunteer Department
23900 Katy Freeway
Katy, Texas 77494