Children are not just small adults. They have different attitudes, perspectives and concerns. They have different healthcare needs than adults – and they experience hospitalization differently, too!
At Children’s Memorial Hermann Memorial City, we understand those differences and are taking children’s healthcare to a new level. Children can receive pediatric services close to home at the Children’s Memorial Hermann Memorial City in the Memorial Hermann Tower, offering your children access to your favorite nearby pediatricians, as well as the expertise of Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital in the Texas Medical Center and pediatric subspecialists from The University of Texas Medical School at Houston.
And, if your child or infant needs intensive care or trauma services, our Children’s Transport Team – comprised of specially trained nurses and neonatal and pediatric intensive care physicians – stands ready to transport young patients to Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital in the Texas Medical Center.
Children’s Memorial Hermann Memorial City focuses on the unique needs of children. Through our skilled and compassionate staff, modern new facility and state-of-the-art technology, we’ll make the hospital experience positive and reassuring for you and your child.
What Makes the Children’s Memorial Hermann Memorial City Special?
- A skilled healthcare team with specialized training to care for children and infants
- A “town center” design featuring whimsical tree-lined corridors, stop lights, and street lamps, with hospital rooms are modeled after a soda shop, library, train station and other town square shops
- A Children’s Emergency Center specially designed to serve children with urgent and emergent conditions
- The services of a full-time Child Life specialist working to make each child’s healthcare experience less frightening by explaining to children what to expect during hospitalization or how to cope with the illness or injury of a family member
- A Level III neonatal intensive care unit with private family rooms for moms to stay with their babies
- NicView™ camera system in our Kate Lindig NICU allows parents, family and friends to view their infant in a live stream through a secure online portal.
- Convenient nutrition services, including on-demand room service and family kitchens
- A playroom available for patients
- The support and resources of Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, located within the Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center complex
- Access to the Children’s Transport Team for specialized emergency pediatric and neonatal transport services for patients by ground ambulance or by air via Memorial Hermann Life Flight®
- The Pediatric Sleep Center at Children's Memorial Hermann Memorial City is for children with restless sleep, snoring, gasping or pauses in breathing while asleep.
Need a Pediatrician for Your Child?
For a referral to a pediatrician in your area, or for more information on Children’s Memorial Hermann Memorial City, call 713.222.CARE or search our online physician finder tool.