24 Hour CareLine
We hope your stay with us is as pleasant as possible. We welcome the opportunity to act on your comments and suggestions and invite you to call our CareLine at ext. 2020 from your patient room, if a question or concern arises. The 24-Hour CareLine was implemented to provide an immediate an efficient response to our patient's and visitor's needs.
713) 448-5502 or (800) 526-2121
Comfort and Safety
There are several ways things you can do to make your stay comfortable and safe.
- Wear your identification bracelet at all times during your stay.
- Ask for assistance when getting in and out of bed.
- Wear only shoes which have non-skid soles and support for your feet. (slippers with no backs can be unsafe.)
Telecommunication devices for the hearing impaired are available in our hospital:
- Telephone amplifiers
- Closed captioned TV's
- TDD phone. Please contact your nurse or cal the 24 Hour CareLine at ext. 2020
- Caption phones are available for your room. Please contact your nurse or call the 24 Hour CareLine at ext. 2020
If your are in need of a foreign language or sigh language interpreter, please notify your nurse or call the Patient Relations Department at ext. 2020.
Patients on regular and modified diets may select their next day's meals from a daily menu provided by a volunteer or included on their breakfast tray. Dieticians are available to assess your nutritional status and assist in planning your meals. For assistance with your meals please contact your nurse or call the 24-hour CareLine at ext. 2020.
Medical Records for Release of Information
After receiving treatment at Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center, you may require copies of your medical records. Copies of records can be requested from Release of Information at 713.242.3401 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Unless medically urgent, requests are handled within 15 business days. Located on the first floor. There is no charge for records requested for continued patient care, which are sent directly to the physician. For all other requests the fees / charges will comply with all laws and regulations. Payment is due at the time of release.
How to communicate your pain: We ask that you help doctors and nurses measure your pain. Doctors and nurses will ask you to rate your pain on a scale of "0 to 10" or you may choose a "face" on the scale which best describe your pain.
We care about the quality you receive at Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center, the Patient Relations Department is available to assist you with any questions, concerns or grievances you may have during your stay with us. You can reach the Patient Relations Department by dialing ext 2020.
To view Memorial Hermann’s policies, click here.
The 15-inch flat touch screen acts as your television. At no additional charge, you can tune in to local TV channels, watch relaxation videos, or get healthcare information. If you need assistance operating your patient station, please contact your nurse.
Social Services / Case Management
Social workers and case managers are available to assist patients and families with counseling, discharge planning, and resource referrals. Working collaboratively with physicians, nurses, and other members of an individual's health care team, these representatives coordinate and facilitate assisted living or nursing placements such as assisted living and nursing home, linkage to public services, and community resources and the discharge process. Speak to your nurse or dial ext. 3429 for more information.
A wide variety of support groups are available at Memorial City and throughout the Memorial Hermann Healthcare System. Please call 713.222.CARE (2273) for more information.
- To dial an outside number: dial 9, then the number.
- To dial a number inside the hospital: dial the 4-digit extension
- To dial long distance, dial 0 for the operator.
Depending on the room to which you are assigned, you will find one of the following television systems. Traditional television system:
- To turn your TV on, push the button marked TV
- To change the channel, push the same button and release
- To turn off your TV, push the same button and hold. It will go through several channels and turn off automatically
- Use the dial control to adjust the TV volume.