Memorial Hermann believes strongly in including patients’ loved ones in the healing process. When friends, family members, and caregivers work together, patients often experience a higher level of safe, quality care that can lead to a faster recovery process and a shorter hospital stay.
Visitors are designated by the patient and may include, but are not limited to, a spouse, a domestic partner, another family member, or a friend. The patient has the right to withdraw or deny such consent at any time. Memorial Hermann will not restrict, limit, or otherwise deny visitation privileges on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression.
Visitation Guidelines and Hours
While each unit may have specific visitation guidelines appropriate for its level of care, hospital visitation guidelines are as follows:
- We have 24 hour visitation access on our campus. After 9 p.m., all guests will need to enter through the Emergency Center or the Memorial Hermann Tower lobby and speak to a Security Officer for assistance with visiting a patient.
- For the safety of our patients, no sick visitors are allowed at any time.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in patient care areas, waiting rooms or lobbies without adult supervision.
- Only one adult visitor may spend the night in a general patient room, and children under the age of 18 are not permitted to stay overnight.
- In adult critical care units, visiting is allowed according to patient preference and condition. Please check with the patient's nurse or charge nurse prior to visiting. No more than two visitors may enter at one time.
Patient Information desks are located in the East Tower, West Pavilion and Memorial Hermann Tower lobbies.
West Pavilion Information Desk
Monday through Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
East Tower Information Desk
Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Memorial Hermann Tower Information Desk
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
You may reach the patient information desks by dialing (713) 242-3840.
There are also Security Desks located in the main lobbies of the hospital and Medical Plazas.
Finding Your Way around the Campus
Memorial Hermann Memorial City has three main hospital entrances (East Tower, West Pavilion and Memorial Hermann Tower) and multiple medical plazas. The campus, including the hospital, medical plazas and parking garages, are mapped through a digital wayfinding app called Find My Way. This app will allow you to:
- Get step-by-step directions to guide you to your destination
- Use a parking planner to mark where you parked
- Access directories for hospital departments you may need such as registration or pre-admit testing
- Explore points of interest such as ATMs, dining, restrooms & more
To download this free app, search for Memorial Hermann Find My Way on the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Campus maps are also available at all entrances.
Directions and Parking
There are multiple dining options throughout the campus. For a list of options, visit our food page or download our Find My Way app to locate the nearest option.
Our All Faiths Chapel, located on the first floor of the West Pavilion, is open 24 hours to those of any faith. Chapel services are held on special occasions and religious holidays.
Memorial Hermann Memorial City has established discounted medical rates at many area hotels, including the adjacent Westin Memorial City, to assist patients and their families and visitors. To obtain a list of these hotels call (713) 242-2020 or (713) 242-3000.
Lori’s Gift shop is located in the West Pavilion and carries flowers, gifts, stationary, magazines and more. Online ordering is also available. Visit the Gift Shop page for more information.
The Honeysuckle Boutique is a specialty retail store where pregnant and new moms as well as family and friends can find a variety of carefully selected merchandise to support new mothers throughout their special journey. The Honeysuckle Boutique is located on the second floor of the Memorial Hermann Tower. Visit the Honeysuckle Boutique page for more information.
Automated Teller Machines (ATMs)
We have three automated teller machines (ATMs) on campus in the West Pavilion lobby, the East Tower lobby, and the Memorial Hermann Tower lobby.
Lost and Found
Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center does not assume responsibility for lost articles, but will make every effort to assist you in locating them. Ask your nurse or a security member for assistance regarding lost articles or call Lost and Found (713) 242-3830.