The Women's Center at Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital offers comprehensive, specialized gynecology services that range from diagnosis and prevention to treatment and management. We combine state-of-the-art equipment and techniques with highly skilled physicians, nurses and staff to deliver patient-focused care that is sensitive to and respectful of the unique issues women face.
Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
Our Women's Center is leading the way by providing minimally invasive surgery for many gynecologic conditions.
The benefits are many including a shorter hospital stay, faster recovery and less pain and scarring. Minimally invasive surgery requires the skill of a trained surgeon. Our specially trained doctors use these techniques to treat most conditions including:
- Removal of the uterus (hysterectomy)
- Removal of uterine fibroids, cysts and polyps
- Removal of the ovaries and fallopian tubes
- Repair of Pelvic organ prolapse (when a pelvic organ drops from its normal position)
- Bladder repair for incontinence
- Evaluation of irregular bleeding
- Treatment of endometriosis (when the lining of the uterus grows on or around the pelvic organs
While traditional open procedures require several days in the hospital and a six-week recovery period, less invasive surgery allows women to return to their daily routine sooner. Women will spend not more than one night in the hospital and complete healing may take two to three weeks.
- Health screenings, including pap smears
- Infertility treatment
- Colposcopy, a diagnostic test designed to determine the cause of abnormalities in a pap smear
- Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure, in which precancerous skin is removed from the cervix to allow normal tissue to grow back, reducing the chance of cancer
- Reproductive endocrinology
- Care for pre- and post-menopausal patients
- Patient education
- Bone densitometry
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 713-222-CARE (2273).