Sleep Disorders Center
The Sleep Disorder Center at Memorial Hermann Northeast is a two-bedroom suite designed to evaluate
how sleep – or the lack of it – could be affecting your health. We serve adult and pediatric patients, 5
years and older.
While the studies are conducted in a private, quiet and comfortable environment, emergency care is
right next door, if needed.
The Sleep Disorder Center at Memorial Hermann Northeast
Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital
18951 Memorial N.
Humble, TX 77338
Types of sleep studies include:
- Polysomnograms (first-night sleep studies)
- Polysomnograms with CPAP Titration (second-night sleep studies)
- Split-night polysomnograms (combining the two sleep studies into one night)
- Multiple sleep-latency tests (MSLT) to diagnose narcolepsy
- Multiple wake test (MWT) to confirm that a sleep/breathing disorder treatment (CPAP/BiPAP) is
Obstructive Sleep Apnea is characterized by brief but numerous involuntary breathing
pauses during sleep. These breathing pauses cause awakenings throughout the night making it impossible
for sleep apnea sufferers to enjoy a night of deep, restorative sleep. People with sleep apnea often
feel sleepy during the day and their concentration and daytime performance suffer.
Children's Sleep Studies
We now have a board-certified sleep physician who can read pediatric sleep studies.
- The Sleep Lab can perform studies on children from 5 years old through the teenage years
- When children do not get the sleep they need, they are at risk for health, performance and
safety problems, and difficulties in school.
- Sleep-deprived children become irritable. They have trouble concentrating and therefore become
less efficient at school and may suffer from behavioral problems. Lack of sleep also can contribute to
- Symptoms of sleep deprivation in children include:
- Breathing pauses during sleep
- Restless sleep
- Mouth breathing
- Difficulty getting up in the morning
- Behavior problems
- Obese individuals have a higher chance of having obstructive sleep apnea
- The Sleep Lab has accommodations to meet the needs of morbidly obese patients with a Bariatric
sleeper/recliner. It is a specially made recliner that can accommodate up to 700 pounds.
For more information about the Sleep Disorder Center at Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital, call