Volunteer at Memorial Hermann Pearland
Volunteering is as rewarding to the volunteer as it is beneficial to the patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Gaining experience and new skills
- Making new friends
- Developing a sense of self-worth and meaning to your life
- Giving back to the hospital and community
- Being part of a team that promotes the best in healthcare
- Interaction with patients, families, staff and fellow volunteers
Requirements for volunteering:
- Complete an application/interview
- Commit to at least one year of service
- Be willing to work one day per week Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. or 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Successfully complete the orientation and training
- Adhere to a uniform dress code
Areas of service:
- Information desk
- Nursing units
- Surgery waiting area
- Food & Nutrition
Benefits for volunteers:
- Complimentary meal in the hospital cafeteria
- Free annual tuberculosis screening and flu shots
- Recognition breakfast/luncheons
Volunteer Programs and Applications:
The Adult Volunteer Program is our year round program. This program is best suited for long-term volunteers that want to serve the hospital and its patients. Please print and complete the Adult Application and email it to Pearlandvolunteerservices@memorialhermann.org.
- The Junior Volunteer Summer Program is for high school students (minimum age 15 years old). The 2018 Junior Volunteer Summer Program is now closed. The applications for the 2019 Summer Junior Volunteer Program will be available on this webpage sometime in March 2019. This program is based on availability and is a first come, first served program for high school students.
For more information contact:
Memorial Hermann Pearland Hospital
16100 South Freeway
Houston, Texas 77584