Awards, Accreditations and Accolades
At Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital, we believe that the more information you have about the care we provide, the more prepared you are to choose with confidence. Because we are committed to delivering the best possible quality care to our mothers and babies, we’d like to share some of our accomplishments with our community:
- Named a Baby-Friendly® facility by Baby-Friendly USA, Inc., an initiative of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children’s Fund UNICEF
- Recognized by Texas Department of Health Services as a Texas Ten Step Hospital - A Texas Ten Step hospital or birthing center is there to support your choice to breastfeed and give your baby a healthy start. Facilities earn this designation by providing care that supports breastfeeding. A Texas Ten Step facility has trained staff and policies that will protect your decision to give your infant the very best.
- Recognized by IBLCE® and ILCA®) with the IBCLC Care Award (2015) - Hospital-Based Facilities are given this award for having a dedicated lactation support program and hire staff currently certified International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) certificants to help new families meet their breastfeeding outcomes.
- Hepatitis B Birth Dose Honor Roll (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) - The Houston Health Department provides recipient the superior excellence award for accomplishment in achieving a coverage rate of 100 percent in administering the hepatitis B birth dose to infants born in Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital.
- Designated Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite - The Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite is given to employers that provide their employees mother-friendly worksite benefits breastfeeding employees and their families as well as an entire workforce. Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital supports breastfeeding employees.
Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital
11800 Astoria Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77089