Industrial Medicine Services
In today’s complex business environment, one thing is clear for employers – improving the health and wellness of the workforce is a critical factor in reducing healthcare costs and increasing productivity. And that’s particularly true for the labor-intensive industries of bay-area Houston.
At Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital, we aim to be your provider of choice by going beyond traditional health and wellness programs to provide the most comprehensive range of medical resources.
Our goal is to keep injuries and serious – yet avoidable – conditions from happening in the first place. But when they do occur, our highly skilled, multidisciplinary team will be there to support your employee and your organization at every step of the way – from prevention to disease treatment to occupational medicine management. Our physicians in private practice and our affiliation with The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Medical School ensures that your employees receive the highest-quality care.
By aligning organizational priorities with specific health and wellness objectives, Memorial Hermann Southeast can provide the clinical expertise and customized healthcare program that’s right for your employees and right for your business.
Health and Wellness Services
It’s no secret that employees with healthier lifestyles miss fewer days of work and have better performance and productivity than their unhealthier colleagues. Organizations benefit from reduced healthcare costs and expenses related to absenteeism. But most importantly, employees who eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly are less likely to sustain an injury in the workplace.
For these reasons, Memorial Herman Southeast provides you with a range of prevention and health management tools tailored specifically to your business and your employees. We can support your organization at any level, whether employees access our services at our hospital or directly onsite at your facility.
Our services include:
- Employee health education through webinars, health fairs, and onsite seminars from highly trained physicians and medical providers at Memorial Hermann Southeast who can cover virtually any topic – from heart health, women’s health, men’s health and injury prevention to weight management, sleep disorders, stress management and esophageal disease treatment
- Preventive screenings and health risk assessments for a range of conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes and cancer
- Physical exams
- Smoking cessation education and courses
- Online wellness tools
- Access to a network of primary care physicians and specialists
- Access to disease management programs for asthma, adult and adolescent weight management, heart disease and diabetes
- Access to support groups for stroke, Alzheimer’s, weight loss surgery, cancer and diabetes
Occupational Medicine Services
To complement our health and wellness programs, caregivers at Memorial Hermann Southeast also provide a full spectrum of occupational medicine services – from industry-specific screenings to specialized treatment and outpatient evaluations for ongoing care.
From the moment of injury to the time a case is closed, our dedicated occupational medicine coordinator will keep you up-to-date at every milestone in the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plan to ensure your employees get the most appropriate, high-quality care.
We treat injured workers through the hospital-based occupational medicine staff located at Memorial Hermann Southeast or directly onsite at your organization. And when emergency services are required, we ensure your employees are cared for as seamlessly as possible by partnering with you to create:
- A designated fast-track system in our Emergency Center specifically for your employees
- Customized occupational medicine employer protocols designed and maintained for your company
- Emergency preparedness partnering in the event of a natural or internal disaster
And because we are part of the largest system of hospitals in the southeast region, with one of only two Level I trauma centers in the area, we can make certain that your employees have access to the most specialized, highly acute services, if required.
Additional services include:
- Case management to monitor the employee’s medical treatment plan
- Specialized rehabilitation and pain management for industrial injuries
- Coordination of pharmacy network administration
- Insurance claim services and processing
- Access to medical staff through the Health Solutions Provider Network
- Access to stop loss insurance through the Health Solutions Provider Network
- Access to medical staff through the Occupational Injury Provider Network for nonsubscribers to the Texas Department of Insurance
- MH Health Insurance
To get started on a customized program for your business, contact our Occupational Medicine Services department at 281.929.6367 or email@example.com.