Volunteer at Memorial Hermann Southeast
Memorial Hermann Southeast offers a wide range of volunteer opportunities. By becoming a volunteer, you will be an integral part of our healthcare team. The rewards of being a volunteer are many and varied:
- Opportunity to develop new work skills
- Helps you to develop a sense of self-worth and meaning in your life
- Provides you with an opportunity to check out new career fields in the medical field by working hand in hand with healthcare professionals
- Gives you many opportunities to develop new, lasting friendships
What are the requirements to volunteer?
- Age: Must be 18 years of age or older
- Commitment: Able to commit to volunteering four hours a week for a minimum of one year.
- Orientation: The first step is filling out an application. All volunteers must attend a general volunteer orientation. Call or email the office to sign up. Orientation is the 3rd Tuesday of every month.
- Interview: After the orientation, volunteers will call the office to schedule a one-on-one interview with our Volunteer Services staff.
- Application: Completed at your interview.
- Background Check, Annual Tuberculosis Screening, and Flu shot required (provided free of charge)
- Purchase a Uniform
Where do volunteers work?
Volunteers at Memorial Hospital offer support staffing to most departments in the hospital. Jobs include both clerical and non-clerical. You may select from fast-paced to slow-paced work environments. A sampling of job opportunities include:
- Surgical Reception Desk
- Emergency Center
- Transportation Desk (patient transport; errand service)
- Information Desk
- Gift Shop
- Nursing Units
- Many more…
- Excellent learning experience
- Meal Discounts (for volunteering 4 or more hours in one day)
- Free flu shots and TB tests
- Letters of recommendation
What do I need to do?
For more information or to sign up for an orientation contact:
Department of Volunteer Services at (281) 929-6390.