Volunteer at Memorial Hermann Southeast
Volunteering is as rewarding to the volunteer as it is beneficial to the patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Gaining experience and new skills
- Making new friends
- Developing a sense of self-worth and meaning to your life
- Giving back to the hospital and community
- Being part of a team that promotes the best in healthcare
- Interaction with patients, families, staff and fellow volunteers
Requirements for volunteering:
- Complete an application/interview
- Commit to at least one year of service
- Be willing to work one day per week Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. or 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Successfully complete the orientation and training
- Adhere to a uniform dress code
Areas of service:
- Information desk
- Nursing units
- Surgery waiting area
- Hospital transportation
- Clerical support
Benefits for volunteers:
- Complimentary meal in the hospital cafeteria
- Free annual tuberculosis screening and flu shots
- Recognition parties and luncheons
Volunteer Programs and Applications:
The Adult Volunteer Program is our year round program. This program is best suited for long-term volunteers that want to serve the hospital and its patients.
The Student Volunteer Program is for students interested in healthcare.
- The College Volunteer Program is for college students interested in healthcare. The College Program is based in the Emergency Room and is currently only offered during the summer, June 4 through July 27. The program will require a minimum of two 4 hour shifts a week, for the entire eight weeks, 2 absences are excused.
- The Junior Volunteer Summer Program is for high school students (minimum age 15 years old). This summer program offers two 4 week sessions; session one – June 4 to June 29 and session two – July 2 to July 27. Each session will require a minimum of two 4 hour shifts a week, for the entire four weeks, 1 absence is excused.
All applications are available upon request by visiting the Memorial Hermann Southeast. Administration office Monday – Thursday, 9 am – 3 pm.
For more information contact:
Administration & Volunteer Services
Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital
11800 Astoria Boulevard
Houston, Texas 77089