Specialized Care for Irregular Heartbeats
The Arrhythmia Clinic at Memorial Hermann Heart & Vascular Institute-Southwest offers expert care for patients with heart arrhythmias. Here you’ll find:
- The complete range of treatment options including drug therapy and minimally invasive surgical ablation.
- Care that ranks in the top 1 percent of hospitals nationally
- Joint Commission accreditation for AMI/Heart Attack and Level 2 Primary Stroke Center.
- Doctors and nurses highly experienced in providing specialized care and using advanced technology
- The latest medical innovations through our affiliation with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston
- Convenient care close to home
Symptoms of Arrhythmia
An arrhythmia is a heart rhythm abnormality. Arrhythmias may indicate a serious problem and can lead to heart disease, stroke or sudden cardiac death. An arrhythmia can be silent and not cause any symptoms. However, among people who experience symptoms, common complaints include:
- Fast or slow heartbeat (palpitations)
- Skipping beats - changes in the pattern of your heart’s rhythm
- Light-headedness, dizziness
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
If you or someone you know may have an arrhythmia, please visit our Arrythmia, Treatment, Webinar and FAQ pages to learn more about this condition and services offered by the Arrhythmia Center at Memorial Hermann’s Heart & Vascular Institute-Southwest.
For more information on our services for patients with arrhythmia and atrial fibrillation, or for a referral to a physician, Call 713.778.BEAT (2328).