What Makes Children’s Memorial Hermann Southwest Special?
- Comfortable patient rooms, including window-seat sofa beds for family members staying overnight
- A Level III neonatal intensive care unit with the ability to care for infants with extreme prematurity (28 weeks’ gestation or less), extremely low birth weight (1,000 grams or less) or who have severe and/or complex illness
- A playroom available for patients, equipped with toys and educational videos
- The support and resources of Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, located within the Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center complex
- Access to the Children’s Transport Team for specialized emergency pediatric and neonatal transport services for patients by ground ambulance or via Memorial Hermann Life Flight®
The Healthcare Team
Our skilled healthcare team has specialized training in the care of children and infants, and includes:
- Neonatal nurse practitioners
- Respiratory therapists
- Lactation consultants
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech-language pathologist
- Developmental Care Certified Staff (NIDCAP®)
- Pediatric pharmacists
- Pediatric dietitians
- Social workers
- Case managers
- Other healthcare professionals
Need a Referral?
If you need a referral to a pediatrician or any of the services available at Children’s Memorial Hermann Southwest, call 713-222-CARE.