Time for a Colonoscopy?
If You're Eligible, Our Direct Access Program Makes it Easy.
With Direct Access from Memorial Hermann Southwest, you can schedule a colonoscopy directly in 3 steps. No separate physician office visit is required in most cases. Typically, your insurance provider will cover the entire cost of the screening colonoscopy, but it is important that you contact them to understand you individual situation.
Patients will experience top-ranked care as our Center has ranked in the top 5% of the country for Gastrointestinal Care from 2006-2012 and in Gastrointestinal Surgery from 2006-2012.
- Step 1. Determine if you're eligible for our Direct Access program
- Step 2. Schedule your appointment online using ScheduleNow.
- Step 3. A screening nurse will call you to confirm the details.
Step 1. Are You a Candidate for Colonoscopy Direct Access?
A screening colonoscopy may be scheduled directly through the endoscopy department as long as the following conditions are met:
- 50 years old or older
- Or African American 45 years or older
- Or the patient is 40 years old or 10 years younger than the age at which a first-degree relative was diagnosed with colon cancer
This means that a routine colonoscopy may be scheduled without an extra visit to the gastroenterologist (GI). With other programs you are often required to see the GI physician in their office before the colon screening.
Step 2. Schedule Your Appointment Online with ScheduleNow.
Select an available time slot below and follow the instructions to make your colonoscopy appointment. If no time slots are available in the current view, click "next week" to see more appointments.
If you don't see a time that will meet your needs, please schedule an appointment over the phone at (713) 456-5280.
Step 3. Talk to a Colonoscopy Nurse from Memorial Hermann Southwest.
Remember to confirm your requested appointment through ScheduleNow. Within one business day, a nurse from Memorial Hermann Southwest will follow-up with you to confirm your information and connect you with our business office for insurance verification.
- The screening nurse may review the medical history/record with patients over the phone and may recommend that a physician be consulted first.
- Some insurance plans do not cover preventive health screenings so patients will need to check with their insurance carrier to determine coverage.
Colon Screening Preparation
You will be given instruction by your physician in advance that will explain what you need to do to prepare for your colonoscopy. Your colon must be completely empty for the colonoscopy to be thorough and safe. To prepare for the procedure you may have to follow a liquid diet beforehand.
Memorial Hermann Southwest Digestive Health Center
7777 Southwest Freeway, Second Floor
Houston, TX 77074