Community Rehabilitation Services
Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital offers multidisciplinary inpatient medical rehabilitation. The hospital’s inpatient center is designed to help patients reach optimal functionality following an injury or illness. Personal performance goals are incorporated into a customized rehabilitation treatment program.
The following patients may be appropriate for one of the Memorial Hermann Community Inpatient Rehabilitation Units:
- Stroke and other neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and Guillain Barré syndrome
- Non-traumatic brain injury
- General Rehabilitation (including debility)
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Medically complex patients with multi-system disorders
- Non-traumatic spinal cord injury
- Orthopedic conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fractures or complicated joint replacements
- Medical trauma
- Spinal surgery with neurological impairment
Individualized Treatment Program
An individualized and comprehensive treatment program is designed by the Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R) interdisciplinary team to meet the specific needs of each patient. The inpatient rehabilitation team consists of the physicians, the patient, the family, physical therapists, speech and language pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologist, social worker, case managers, clinical dietitian and 24-hour nursing services.
An individualized rehabilitation program is developed to promote independence and safety so that the patient can return to a productive and fulfilling life. The PM&R physician collaborates with the patient’s other physicians.
To Refer for Treatment
To refer a patient for inpatient rehabilitation, contact us by phone or fax.
Phone: (713) 456-5349
Fax: (713) 448-8045
We are located in Southwest Houston at the intersection of US 59 and Beechnut.
Houston, TX 77074
Get Maps & Directions