Preregistration and Delivery Day
If you have chosen Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital to deliver your baby we would like to thank you. The patient access department is here to assist you with the financial portion of your upcoming hospital stay. Please contact the patient access department at 713.456.5475 to preregister. You can also preregister online.
Insurance and Benefits
After you preregister, your insurance data will be verified and you will be contacted by a patient access representative to review your insurance benefits. Memorial Hermann will assist you in filing your insurance claim. If there are any changes to your preregistration information before your delivery date, please contact us as soon as possible at 713.456.5475.
Insurance Requirements May Apply
Insurance policies have specific requirements for coverage of childbirth services. It is your responsibility to ensure the requirements of your insurance policy have been met prior to your delivery. Take the time to understand and comply with the maternity benefits provisions of your insurance policy.
Here are some of the insurance requirements that may, or may not, apply in your policy:
- Admission authorization
- Second opinion for non-emergency caesarean section
- Completion of an enrollment form for adding your newborn to the policy
- Estimated Amount Due in Third Trimester
Please make arrangements with your business office representative to pay your estimated amount due during the third trimester of your pregnancy. The estimated amount due is a deposit based on your insurance deductible, co-insurance percentage, co-pay and any outstanding balances. All private-pay accounts should be paid in full by the seventh month of pregnancy.
In the last trimester of your pregnancy, start making a list and gathering the things you will need to take with you to the hospital. It's a good idea to pack two separate bags - one for labor and delivery and another for your after-delivery stay. Here are some suggestions of things you may want nearby during delivery of your baby and during your hospital stay afterward:
- Labor and Delivery Bag
- Photo ID (driver's license or passport)
- Phone numbers for family and friends
- Note paper and pen
- Cell phone and charger
- Health insurance card
- Two tennis balls in a tube sock to use as a counter-pressure back support
- Camera and charger
- Bathrobe, warm socks and slippers
- Baby book for your newborn's footprints
- Eye glasses or contact case and solution
- Lip balm, toothbrush and toothpaste
- Nutritious snacks for your coach
- Mildly scented or unscented massage oil or lotion
What to Bring for Your After-Delivery Hospital Stay
Pack a second suitcase for your hospital stay and leave it in the car until after the birth. Please do not bring jewelry, excessive cash, credit cards or other valuables to the hospital.
For You: Nursing bra, comb, hair brush, hair dryer, shampoo, deodorant, cosmetics, comfortable clothes and shoes to wear home, and a change of clothes for your partner.
For Baby: T-shirt and outfit with socks or booties to wear home, two light baby blankets, a warm blanket if weather is cool and a properly installed infant car seat.
Delivery Day Hospital Instructions
- Call your obstetrician.
- There is no need to call the hospital, just come immediately when you go into labor.
- Depending on your time of arrival, come to the proper entrance:
- 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. - Main hospital entrance
- 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. - Emergency Center entrance
- Ride the elevator to the 5th floor Pavilion.