Robotic Surgery in Southwest Houston
Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital is enhancing the experience of robotic surgery through the use of a new surgical robot. Learn more about robotic surgery.
Memorial Hermann Southwest also is the first hospital in Southwest Houston to acquire the da Vinci Skills Simulator. The simulation technology allows surgeons to further refine their surgical skills in a non-clinical environment. With over 10,000 minimally invasive procedures already performed at our hospital and state of the art training simulators, Memorial Hermann Southwest offers expert care for those undergoing minimally invasive robotic surgery.
Only Surgical Robot in Southwest Houston
The hospital's new da Vinci® Si Surgical System, the only surgical robot of its kind in Southwest Houston, is a third generation robot that offers technological advancements, including unparalleled precision, dexterity and control that enables surgeons to take a minimally invasive (MIS) approach for many complex surgical procedures such as:
- Hysterectomy – the surgical removal of the uterus
- Myomectomy – the surgical removal of uterine fibroids
- Prostatectomy – the surgical removal of all or part of the prostate gland
- Heller myotomy – a surgical procedure in which the muscles of the lower esophageal sphincter are cut, allowing food and liquids to pass to the stomach
- Pyeloplasty – the surgical reconstruction or revision of the renal pelvis to drain and decompress the kidney
- Nissen fundoplication – surgical procedure for GERD or reflux