Volunteer at Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
Volunteering is as rewarding to the volunteer as it is beneficial to the patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Gaining experience and new skills
- Making new friends
- Developing a sense of self-worth and meaning to your life
- Giving back to the hospital and community
- Being part of a team that promotes the best in healthcare
- Interaction with patients, families, staff and fellow volunteers
Requirements for volunteering:
- Complete an application/interview
- Commit to the volunteer schedule
- Adult Volunteers - 1 year
- College Volunteers - 48 hours (or a semester)
- High School Volunteers - 100 hours (November to May) or 48 hours (Summer)
- Be willing to work one day per week
- Successfully complete the orientation and training
- Adhere to a uniform dress code
- Adhere to behavioral expectations and hospital policies
Areas of service:
- Volunteer office
- Information desk
- Gift shop
- All nursing units
- ICU/surgery waiting area
- Day surgery
- Hospital support/transportation
- Clerical assistance
- Patient advocates
Benefits for volunteers:
- Complimentary meal in the hospital cafeteria
- Free parking
- Gift shop discount
- Free annual tuberculosis screening and flu shots
- Recognition parties and luncheons
Volunteer Programs and Applications:
The Senior Volunteer Program is our year round program. This program is best suited for long-term volunteers that want to serve the hospital and its patients. Please print this Adult Application, and once complete contact the Volunteer Department to schedule an interview.
The Student Volunteer Program is for students interested in healthcare.
- For College Students, the program is available in the Spring, Summer and Fall Semesters. Print this College Student Application Form and return to the volunteer department to schedule an interview.
- For High School Students, minimum age 16, the program runs from November to May. Applications are accepted at the beginning of the school year. Print this High School Student Application Form and return to the volunteer department to schedule an interview.
For more information contact:
Memorial Hermann Southwest
7600 Beechnut St.
Houston, Texas 77074
Submit your application: