Children have different attitudes, perspectives and concerns. They have different healthcare needs than adults – and they experience hospitalization differently, too!
At Memorial Hermann, we understand those differences and are taking children’s healthcare to a new level. Backed by the expertise of Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and pediatric physicians from The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, we are introducing the same high standards of quality for which our flagship children’s hospital in the Texas Medical Center is known at our suburban hospitals throughout the greater Houston area.
That means newborns and children of all ages can receive skilled children’s healthcare services close to home. And, if a higher level of care is required, our Children’s Transport Team – comprised of specially trained nurses, and neonatal and pediatric intensive care physicians – stands ready to transport young patients to Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital or another appropriate Memorial Hermann facility via ground or Life Flight air ambulance.
Children’s Memorial Hermann Sugar Land focuses on the unique needs of children. Through our skilled and compassionate staff, modern new facility and state-of-the-art technology, we’ll make the hospital experience positive and reassuring for you and your child.
What Makes Children’s Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Special?
- Our skilled healthcare team has specialized training to care for children and infants
- Our Children’s Emergency Center is specially designed to serve children with urgent and emergent conditions in a child-friendly environment. Every day, 24 hours a day, your child will be seen by either a board-certified pediatrician or a board-certified emergency medicine physician.
- Comfortable patient rooms, include window-seat sofa beds for family members staying overnight
- The services of a full-time Child Life Specialist help to make each child’s healthcare experience less frightening by explaining to children what to expect during hospitalization or how to cope with the illness or injury of a family member
- A Level II neonatal intensive care unit provides intermediate care for infants who require continuous monitoring and observational support
- Our healing environment includes art, music and aromatherapies
- Soothing infant massage is available upon request
- Convenient nutrition services include on-demand room service and family kitchens
- A playroom available for patients, equipped with toys and educational videos
- We share the support and resources of Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital in the Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center complex
- Access to the Children’s Transport Team provides specialized emergency pediatric and neonatal transport services for patients by ground ambulance or by air via Memorial Hermann Life Flight®
Need a Referral?
If you need a referral to an affiliated pediatrician or information on any of the services available at Children’s Memorial Hermann Sugar Land, call (713) 222-CARE.