Adult Program for Volunteers
Thank you for your interest in Volunteering at Memorial Hermann Hospital – Texas Medical Center.
We are currently not accepting applications for our Adult Volunteer program. We will resume accepting applications on August 1, 2019.
- Commitment: Adult volunteers must be able to serve one four-hour shift per week for at least one year.
- Application: All potential volunteers who can meet the above commitment are asked to fill out an online application located on this webpage. Please do not apply for the Adult program if you are not able to make the year-long commitment.
- Interview: Volunteer staff will review and select candidates based on their applications in order to set up a one-on-one interview to be completed in person. If you are selected to be a part of the Adult Volunteer Program, you will be asked to complete an online background check as well as pass a general health screen which is provided at no cost to you by our organization.
- Orientation: All potential volunteers must pass the background check, health screen and interview process before attending an orientation. Once completed, a coordinator will assign the candidate to an upcoming orientation. Orientations are held monthly and last no more than three hours. Individuals will learn about the organization, what it means to volunteer, policies, rules and regulations.
- Training: Each volunteer is to complete 20 hours of training at an information desk before beginning volunteer work with a hospital unit or department.
- Volunteer: When the volunteer has completed training, they will be placed in a specific unit or department based on hospital need. Recommendation letters will be provided to the adult volunteer once they have completed their first 100 hours of service.
Memorial Hermann Hospital-Texas Medical Center
Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital
6411 Fannin St.
Robertson Pavilion, Ste. 320.8
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 704-4141