Memorial Hermann volunteers come from all corners of the community and represent a variety of professions, age groups, physical abilities and ethnic and cultural backgrounds. All have made the commitment to donate their time to patients, families and visitors and become an integral part of the Memorial Hermann-TMC team.
To become a Memorial Hermann-TMC volunteer:
- Commitment: Adult volunteers (18 years of age and older) are asked to commit to volunteering three to four hours a week for a minimum of six months.
- Orientation: All adult volunteers must attend a general volunteer orientation. Please call us at 713.704.4141 to reserve your spot for our next orientation!
- Interview: After the orientation, adult volunteers will schedule a one-on-one interview with our Volunteer Services staff. We want to hear your interests and goals for volunteering.
- Scavenger Hunt and TB Test: Adult volunteers also will complete a scavenger hunt on our Campus to become better acclimated with Memorial Hermann-TMC. Each volunteer also is required to have a TB skin test annually.
- Training: Each volunteer must complete 20 hours of training at our information desks before beginning their volunteer work in specific hospital units/departments.
- Volunteer: Once the training is completed, we will work closely with individual units and departments to ensure that volunteers are prepared to begin assisting in the area of their choice.
Memorial Hermann Hospital-TMC and Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital
6411 Fannin, Ste. C2-06
Houston, TX 77030
Call us: (713) 704-4141
Email us: email@example.com