The Ertan Digestive Disease Center and the Gastroenterology Center of Excellence provides the most advanced technology with highly specialized equipment that allows us to provide our patients with an exceptional level of care.
Our advanced therapeutic gastroenterologists utilize state-of-the-art endoscopic technology to manage complex gastrointestinal disease by performing advanced diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in a minimally invasive fashion.
We are a comprehensive treatment center offering all modalities of treatment you might require for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract with part of the Center's mission being to be on the cutting edge of technology in order to improve patient care. The Ertan Center is continually involved in clinical endoscopic research and education.
The Center offers a variety of state-of-the-art advanced therapeutic endoscopic services, including:
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Management of biliary stone disease with biliary sphincterotomy, sphincterotomy, stone removal and lithotripsy, endoprosthesis (stent) therapy, and cholangioscopy (i.e. Spyglass)
- Management of benign and malignant biliary strictures
- Comprehensive management of chronic and recurrent pancreatitis with pancreatic sphincterotomy, stricture dilation, stone removal, and endoprosthesis therapy
- Management of difficult post-surgical biliary anatomy
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) with fine-needle aspiration (FNA)
- Diagnosis and staging of esophageal, gastric, pancreatic, and rectal cancers
- Diagnosis of submucosal gastrointestinal tract lesions
- Evaluation of mediastinal lymphadenopathy and other mediastinal lesions
- Guided pseudocyst drainage and aspiration of other gastrointestinal cystic lesions
- Expandable metallic endoprosthesis placement for gastrointestinal malignancies of the esophagus, duodenum, bile duct, and colon.
- Comprehensive evaluation of recurrent gastrointestinal bleeding using small bowel balloon (single or double) assisted enteroscopy and a variety of endoscopic hemostasis methods
- Endoscopic mucosal resection for large/flat colon polyps and other gastrointestinal tract lesions