Memorial Hermann-TMC is utilizing The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses to recognize its nursing staff on a monthly basis. The DAISY Award is being used by more than 600 U.S. hospitals and is supported by the ANCC for all Magnet® organizations since it serves as meaningful recognition and helps develop and maintain a healthy work environment by promoting job satisfaction, teamwork/collaboration and accountability/responsibility to one another and to our patients.
You can use the DAISY Award nomination form to recognize a nurse for their clinical skill, compassionate care and for serving as a role model for our newest nurses. The nominee should consistently meet all of the following criteria:
- Models empathy and demonstrates a caring attitude
- Positive attitude
- Consistent focus on meeting the needs of patients and families
- Good assessment and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates flexibility and proactive leadership
- Works well with all members of the healthcare team
- Generates enthusiasm and energy towards meeting the challenges of nursing
Nomination forms are due by the 15th of each month and may be filled out by patients, families, colleagues, physicians or other staff. Click here to download the form. Please submit nominations or any questions to Virginia Earley. Additional printed forms are also available throughout the hospital.