Ertan Digestive Disease Center
2017 Gastroenterology and Hepatology Symposium
February 11, 2017, 8 a.m. - 4:50 p.m.
Join us as gastroenterology specialists from McGovern Medical School at UTHealth affiliated with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and other world-renowned gastroenterologists provide an in-depth look at the latest advancements in technology, controversial topics, and treatments of GI and liver disease. The goal is to educate and enhance awareness among healthcare providers on groundbreaking topics presented at the symposium.
For more information, please call: 713.222.CARE
The Gastroenterology Center of Excellence
The Texas Liver Center
The Ertan Digestive Disease Center at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Medical School provides comprehensive medical and surgical treatment for patients with diseases of the esophagus, stomach, intestine, pancreas, biliary tract and liver.
We offer patients access to the leading treatment options available, and if patients require additional care they have the full support of a top-ranked comprehensive hospital in the world-renowned Texas Medical Center.
Under the care of our affiliated physicians, patients receive innovative and effective multidisciplinary gastroenterology treatments. Our goal is to provide excellence in clinical care and research, delivering outstanding patient care with compassion and a strong background of cutting-edge clinical research in gastroenterology and hepatology.
We provide expert management, up-to-date treatment and innovative solutions for patients with all forms of digestive disorders, and continually work to enhance patient quality of care as well as improve quality of life for our patient population.
Please complete the required patient forms prior to your arrival. Click here to view the patient forms »
View a video tour of the center
Scope of expertise
- Gastroesophageal reflux disorders, especially Barrett's metaplasia and dysplasia
- Inflammatory bowel diseases including Crohn's disease, chronic ulcerative colitis and other colitides
- GI bleeding obscure in origin
- Biliary-pancreatic disorders, benign and malignant
- Gastrointestinal and liver cancers
- Celiac disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome and other GI motility disorders
- Biliary or pancreatic stones
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth
- Biliary-pancreatic benign and malignant diseases
- Short gut syndrome
- Peptic ulcers and hypergastrinemic conditions
- A variety of advanced GI endoscopic therapies
- Chronic and acute liver diseases
- Viral hepatitis
- Biliary-pancreatic disorders
- Bile duct cancer
- Intestinal failure
- Acute liver failure
- Liver cirrhosis
- Liver cancer
- Fatty liver disease
In 2012, the Ertan Digestive Disease Center formed with the Texas Liver Center and the Gastroenterology Center of Excellence, which broadens our service offering and furthers our collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to caring for our patients.
For more information on the Digestive Disease Center or for a referral to an affiliated physician, please call (713) 704-3450.
We are committed to advancing the treatment of difficult gastroenterological problems and focused on close collaboration with referring physicians. Once a diagnosis has been made, we have at our disposal the most advanced treatment options available, including state-of-the-art medical therapy and surgery, using minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.
The Center's unique depth and breadth allows for the most comprehensive gastrointestinal and hepatological treatment in Houston, managing complex tertiary conditions.
Gastroenterology and hepatology services
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) Percutaneous endoscopic jejunostomy (PEJ)
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Colonoscopy and ileoscopy
- SmartPill Wireless Motility Capsule
- Single and double balloon enteroscopy
- Endosonography and FNA with therapeutic implications
- Endoscopic sclerotherapy
- Endoscopic band ligation
- Endoscopic diathermy
- Balloon dilation of gastrointestinal strictures
- Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) and endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD)
- PillCam small bowel capsule endoscopy
- Bariatric gastroenterology
- Radiofrequency Ablation with HALO-360 & HALO-90
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography
- Endoscopic biliary and pancreatic stenting for major or minor papilla
- Endoscopic biliary and pancreatic papilla and stricture dilation
- Endoscopic sphincterotomy for biliary and pancreatic papilla
- Biliary and pancreatic stone removal
- Biliary and pancreatic stones mechanical lithotripsy
- ERCP with ampullectomy
- Liver transplantation
- Medical management for Hepatitis B and C
- Bile duct surgery
- Liver surgery
- Intestinal rehabilitation
The Ertan Digestive Disease Center and Gastroenterology Center of Excellence will integrate other various multidisciplinary centers such as:
- Gastrointestinal Motility and Physiology Center
- Barrett’s Esophagus/Dysplasia & Radiofrequency Ablation Center
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Center
- Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy Center
- Bariatric Gastroenterology Center
- Nutrition Center
- Women Health Center
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology Outcomes Center
- Texas Liver Center
- Liver/Pancreas Transplant & Advanced Liver-Pancreas Surgery Center
The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE), has recognized the Ertan Digestive Disease Center at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center as part of its program specifically dedicated to promoting quality in endoscopy. The ASGE Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program honors endoscopy units that have demonstrated a commitment to patient safety and quality in endoscopy as evidenced by meeting the program’s rigorous criteria.
Our locationErtan Digestive Disease Center-Texas Medical Center
6400 Fannin Street
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: 1 (800) 985-4837
| (713) 704-3450
Fax: (713) 704-9938
Directions and Parking
Texas Liver Center
Phone: (713) 704-5200
1 (800) 985-4837