Summer Teen Volunteer Program
High school students between the ages of 15 and 17 are
eligible to apply for the Summer Teen Volunteer program.
Our teen volunteers have the opportunity to learn the importance of ethics and confidentiality, professional behavior and appearance, proper patient interaction - including age-specific competencies, infection control, fire safety and security.
To Become a Teen Volunteer:
- The registration period for 2015 has ended
- The program lasts from June through July
- All accepted Summer Teen volunteers must attend a one-day orientation (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.), have a TB test on file and be able to pay the program fee of $50
- You must be 15 years of age by June 1 in order to participate in the program
- You must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. (Please bring your most recent transcript with you to the interview.)
- All teen volunteers must be able to commit to a minimum of 30 hours of service within the six week program. College/general recommendations letters will be provided to those who serve 50 or more hours
- Assignments and schedules will be discussed during the interview. If you are planning a long vacation or will be attending a summer camp at any time during the Summer Teen Volunteer Program, please let a coordinator know during the interview process
Memorial Hermann Hospital-Texas Medical Center
Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital
6411 Fannin St.
Houston, TX 77030
Call us: (713) 704-4141