Summer Teen Volunteer Program
High school students between the ages of 14 and 17 are eligible to apply for our Summer Teen Volunteer program. Once a teen has participated in our Summer Teen Program, they are then qualified to volunteer year-round at Memorial Hermann-TMC and Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital.
Our teen volunteers have the opportunity to learn the importance of ethics and confidentiality, professional behavior and appearance, proper patient interaction - including age-specific competencies, infection control, fire safety and security.
To become a teen volunteer:
- If you are interested in participating in the Summer Teen Program, please call our office the second week in January and we will send you an application.
- Our summer program begins the second week in June and ends the second week in August.
- During the summer, teens can volunteer during morning (9 a.m. - 12 p.m.) and/or afternoon (1 - 4 p.m.) shifts. We ask that teens commit to at least two shifts per week.
- All applications require an essay and two recommendation letters, as well as a one-on-one interview with our Volunteer Services Staff.
- Teens are welcome to volunteer in both our clinical and clerical settings around the Campus to gain experience.
Memorial Hermann Hospital-Texas Medical Center and Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital
6411 Fannin, Ste. C2-06
Houston, TX 77030
Call us: (713) 704-4141
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org