Summer Teen Volunteer Program
High school students between the ages of 15 and 17 are eligible to apply for the Summer Teen Volunteer program.
Our teen volunteers have the opportunity to learn the importance of ethics and confidentiality, professional behavior and appearance, proper patient interaction - including age-specific competencies, infection control, fire safety and security.
To Become a Teen Volunteer:
- The deadline for applications was January 31st
- The program lasts from June through July
- All accepted Summer Teen volunteers must attend a one-day orientation (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.), have a TB test on file and be able to pay the program fee of $50
- You must be 15 years of age by June 1st in order to participate in the program
- You must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- All teen volunteers must be able to commit to a minimum of 50 hours of service within the six week program
- College/general recommendations letters will be provided to those who serve 50 or more hours
The application period is now closed.
Memorial Hermann Hospital-Texas Medical Center
Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital
6411 Fannin St.
Robertson Ste. 320.8
Houston, TX 77030
Call us: (713) 704-4141