The Woodlands Hospital Emergency Center
The Woodlands, TX 77380
The Emergency Center (ER) at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital stands ready to handle any health crisis - from minor to critical.
Memorial Hermann The Woodlands is a Level III trauma center, currently working toward a higher designation as a Level II trauma center. Our Emergency Room is equipped to stabilize and transfer trauma patients, including ambulance and Life Flight® helicopter access to Level I trauma centers Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and Children's Memorial
Learn more about our 24-hour ER across from Wal-Mart on Woodlands Parkway near FM 2978.
Online ER Check In
Now Available - three easy steps to reduce your ER wait time.
Choose an ER
Select a Treatment Time
Be Seen Within 15 Minutes of Arrival
Select a treatment time & complete the required information to pre-register online.
Wait in the comfort of your home instead of the ER & a healthcare professional will see you within 15 minutes of arrival.
In the event of a true emergency, dial 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room immediately.
If patients with more emergent medical conditions are present in the ER at your scheduled time, those patients will be seen prior to you.
Our ER in The Woodlands offers:
- Twenty two beds
- A room for triage and medical screening
- Coverage 24/7 by board-certified emergency physicians and a support staff that includes physician assistants, nurse practitioners and emergency-trained registered nurses
- Full-body scanning equipment (64-slice CT scan) and portable radiology equipment for rapid diagnosis and treatment
- Clean, comfortable waiting rooms
- Recognized care:
- Memorial Hermann The Woodlands is also part of the largest, citywide network of nationally accredited
Chest Pain Centers
Just for kids:
- The services of a trained Child Life Specialist to provide emotional support for children related to illness, injury and hospitalization
- Suite of specially themed and decorated children's treatment rooms with pediatric medical equipment
- Addition of pediatric sub-specialists affiliated with Children's Memorial Hermann The Woodlands, including: pediatric cardiology, pediatric neurology, pediatric gastroenterology (G/I), pediatric endocrinology, pediatric dermatology, pediatric ophthalmology, pediatric radiology, and maternal-fetal medicine
- If required, children can be admitted to one of the private rooms in the Children's Memorial Hermann The Woodlands pediatric unit on the second floor of Memorial Hermann The Woodlands
- Rooms equipped with a TV and DVD player, plus a sleeper sofa for a parent
- Central playroom offers an assortment of toys, books and video games
- Addition of pediatric telemedicine in collaboration with Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Medical School in the Texas Medical Center, provides round-the-clock access to real-time pediatric surgical consultations for infants, children and adolescents in The Woodlands and surrounding communities.
Growing to meet your needs:
Memorial Hermann has invested $17.4 million into the expansion and renovation of the Emergency Center at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital to include:
- 3,400 square feet of new space, bringing the ER to a total of 32,400 square feet
- 3Seven additional treatments rooms including three trauma rooms, bringing the ER’s room count to 35
- 3Exterior enhancements including a new entrance for the public and a new entrance for EMS
- 3New waiting areas for adults and one for children too
- 3New space for children’s emergency services
- 3Phase One of the three phase project is to be completed in early 2016, and the entire project will wrap up in mid-2017
- 3These renovations will help to improve the ER’s efficiency and move patients through faster
- 3The helipad for Life Flight will eventually relocate from on the surface outside the ER, to the roof top of the East Tower
Trauma centers explained:
Ben Taub (Harris County Hospital District), Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston are the only three Level I trauma centers in the Greater Houston area. However, there should be a Level I trauma center for every million residents as a rule of thumb and added the three facilities are not strategically positioned to serve the region’s nearly six million residents. The American College of Surgeons (ACoS) provides a trauma center designation to hospitals depending on their levels of service. Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital is one of two hospitals in Montgomery County that are Level III trauma centers – and both are aiming to attain Level II trauma center status in 2016/2017.
- Offers 24-hour in-house coverage by general surgeon, orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, radiology, internal medicine, plastic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, pediatric and critical care
- Serves as referral resource for nearby community hospitals
- Operates teaching and research programs in conjunction with a medical school (Memorial Hermann does so with UT)
- Meets annual requirements for volume of severely injured patients
- Offers 24-hour in-house coverage by general surgeons as well as coverage in orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, radiology and critical care
- Tertiary care needs, such as cardiac surgery, hemodialysis and microvascular surgery, may be referred to a Level I trauma center
- May refer burn and pediatric trauma patients to certified facilities
Trauma education fact sheet on preventing slips, trips and falls.
- Offers 24-hour coverage by emergency medicine physicians and the prompt availability of general surgeons and anesthesiologists
- Has patient transfer agreements with Level I or Level II trauma center
- Offers back up care for rural hospitals
- Features continued education programs for trauma personnel
- Must have an active outreach program